Page 1 of 2
Id have to go with The Terminator (1984), its an absoloute masterpiece. It has a brilliant plot and is pretty entertaining for a film of its age. Worth a look!

Terminator 2 TAGS right behind though.

You guys?
[IMG]http://i31.tinypic.com/11ioi8n.jpg[/IMG]
We all love the fail-tar!
terminator 2 is the best terminator movie
Quote by kiloisalb
I just took the fattest ****, and boy am I relieved. It felt amazing.

Quote by charliezard!
I agree. I was excited about jumping in to proclaim my love for nice c0ck.
TS, you finished your own thread before it started.

(although I prefer T2).

EDIT: I predict this thread will become a fight between The Terminator and Robocop.
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Terminator 2 or Star Trek: First Contact. The Borg are cyborgs and the film RULES. I'd probably go with Star Trek but only because I've watched Terminator 2 like a billion times.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Terminator 2
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
I, Robot.

Also, I couldn't stop thinking of Sentient 6 by Nevermore while watching that film.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
Quote by Flummery
two words. Blade Runner.

F*CK YES!
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
The terminator movies, RoboCop, i Robot, Inspector Gadget?

That's all of them right?
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Robocop

I saw the boxset for £8 , I should have bought it....DAMNIT!!11
Quote by Dayman
It's your duty, son. You some kinda commie, not servin' yer country?
I'm telling FOX News.

Quote by Twist of fate
Haters Ghana Hate
Star Trek: First Contact of course!!
Quote by Johnny skins
banned cause im fine because of your avatar! it blasts happyness everytime i see it!!

definitly the best avatar ever I=Cookie

Proud owner of the: I'm wearing clothes in the Pit! Group! Click here to join
^+1

Quote by imdeth
I'm gonna agree with most on T2. Does AI count? What's the difference between cyborg and android?

Android is all robot and cyborg is a mix of organic and robotic components.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Last edited by Meths at Jul 22, 2009,
FFS, there are no cyborgs in I, Robot. None. Nada. Zip.

And even if there were, it was sh*t.
Quote by MightyAl
FFS, there are no cyborgs in I, Robot. None. Nada. Zip.

And even if there were, it was sh*t.

There is one. Not that I want to give an important plot point away or anything.

Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
There is one. Not that I want to give an important plot point away or anything.

Asimov never wrote about cyborgs. There were humaniform robots, but they never had any living components.

I'll be honest, I never watched the whole film. 10 minutes, and I switched channels.
My friends call me Murphy.

You can call me Robocop.

*robocop theme*

Quote by Dayman
It's your duty, son. You some kinda commie, not servin' yer country?
I'm telling FOX News.

Quote by Twist of fate
Haters Ghana Hate
Quote by DieGarbageMan
Terminator 2
I, robot
wall-E
Blade Runner

does star wars count?

Robot limbs don't really count, they're just an addition to an already living thing. A cyborg is a whole new creation.
Quote by MightyAl
Asimov never wrote about cyborgs. There were humaniform robots, but they never had any living components.

I'll be honest, I never watched the whole film. 10 minutes, and I switched channels.

The film bore absolutely no resemblance to anything Asimov ever wrote. They already had the script written, then acquired the film rights to Asimov's rights. Renamed the script and tacked the 3 laws of robotics on.

Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
The film bore absolutely no resemblance to anything Asimov ever wrote. They already had the script written, then acquired the film rights to Asimov's rights. Renamed the script and tacked the 3 laws of robotics on.

Ah.
Kind of explains it, Asimov never really did action; all that sort of stuff came 2nd or 3rd hand into his books/short stories.
Ghost in the shell is sorta, although it's more complex than that.

That wasn't a bad pun refering to Stand alone complex either.
Pfft, Robocop and terminator have nothing on JASON X
RULE BRITANNIA
Last edited by Cobain_Is_King at Jul 22, 2009,
Quote by homeless-john

We have a winner!

As much as I like Robocop its far too cheesy to be taken seriously.

As for Blade Runner, I dont want to start a war but it has to be one of the most dissapointing films I have ever seen =( Its not rubbish but it just trys so hard to rip off other movies (aka: SKIN JOBS). Its still a strong 8/10 for me though. Vastly overated by many.

I too prefer TERMINATOR 2 to The Terminator, Its just you cant put one down. There both equally great.

Besides, T1 has Kyle Reese, T2 has GnR
Last edited by VocalValantine at Jul 22, 2009,
Quote by GettintheLedout
Alien/Aliens anyone?

Aliens is ****ing awsome, but its not a cyborg movie, sure you have bishop but thats about it.

LOL, What am I saying?

ALIENS IS THE BOMB!

One of James Camerons best along with Terminator 2...

I prefer Alien 3 to Alien 1 though, yes flame me all you like.... I just like the chemistry of the third one and I find the plot rather unique.

It's definitely between Robocop and T2 for me. I always used to think Robocop was just cheesy and basicly a mindless action movie, but when I actually watched it again for the first time since childhood, I was quite surprised. It's pretty deep, and has some keen implications. Good ending, to.

BLAM

"What's your name, son?"

"Murphy."

BUT, I think T2 wins. It's just too good, it's the benchmark for all action movies.
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
It's definitely between Robocop and T2 for me. I always used to think Robocop was just cheesy and basicly a mindless action movie, but when I actually watched it again for the first time since childhood, I was quite surprised. It's pretty deep, and has some keen implications. Good ending, to.

BLAM

"What's your name, son?"

"Murphy."

BUT, I think T2 wins. It's just too good, it's the benchmark for all action movies.

Exactly my thoughts, Id have to say Terminator 2 Judgment Day, Aliens and Predator as my favirote movies of all time as of now.

Cyborg wise, You cant really count Aliens cause theres only one in Alien 2 and it doesnt have a significant role when compared to Ripley.

Id have to go with Terminator 2, Terminator 1, Robocop.

Simple as. ID LOVE TO SQUEEZE IN ALIENS THOUGH.

As for Robocop. I love the scene where Murphy gets his hand blown off with the shotgun, I like to pause at the scene and zoom in, its super realistic.
Last edited by VocalValantine at Jul 22, 2009,
Page 1 of 2