I have a esp ltd mh 401 guitar with a floyd rose special bridge. Im currently use 9 gauge strings. I've noticed that my strings go flat a good amount. Something is going on with the high e string i believe. I've pushed down on my strings past the nut, and none of them get tighter when I push down so the nut is okay. It seems like my high E goes flat first and it messes up the rest of the strings. The worst part is, when I use the fine tuner on the high E string, it doesnt tighten up as fast as the rest of the strings some reason. I usually end up running out of turns on the high e tuner. Ive tightened the clamp at the bridge pretty tight also. Could it be that the 9 gauge string is just too small?
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

No. If your knife edges are messed up that can throw the whole tuning stability out of the window. Is your FR set up correctly ? As in, is the bridge at the correct height and tilt? Don't over tighten the nuts or they might bust. Are your saddles correctly tightened?

Also, the high-e string NEVER tightens up as fast as the other strings, due to its thickness (or lack there-of).
Last edited by Zamorak at Jul 21, 2009,
The bridge is parallel to the body. I dont see what could be wrong with the height? The action is just where i like it and im not getting any buzz or anything. How do you tighten the saddles? The socket in between the saddles and the pickups, just below the strings?

And what exactly are the knife edges?
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss

Quote by wannabestoner69

Last edited by Watterboy at Jul 21, 2009,
The strings are about one month and a half old. But Im pretty sure they have been falling flat since i got them. Theyre elixirs, and they still feel and sound fine. But who knows.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss

Quote by wannabestoner69

Do you stretch your strings when you put them on?

Gear:
Ibanez JPM P100A
Schecter C7 Loomis
Ibanez Rg1570
Agile Intrepid 828 Pro Dual
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
Ibanez RG550 (Fernandez Sustainer)
Laney World Series 120-TR
POD X3 Live
Yeah, I always bend the **** out of them and everything. And besides, its been a while since I put them on, they are sufficiently stretched by now.
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss

Quote by wannabestoner69