Okay. So today the local pawnshop guy, who is a good friend of mine called me up and said he had some new music stuff in, a Starcaster, some older Fender and a Crate GX130c, I tell him to keep the amp in the backroom until thursday when I'll have a day off to go play it. And I was wondering if anyone here has ever played one? And if so, if they're any good? I heard they were similar to Ampeg VH140c, which I have played and loved. BTW, its only 150$ and is the head version.
Have you played one? Or heard one IRL? And yeah. I hear the cleans are good. Which is more or less one of the main reasons I'd like one. My crate was very quiet cleans. And no channel switching D:
Quote by dudey5691
It's pretty much a clone of the Ampeg, with a slight variation in tone... The Crate is not as clear as the Ampeg, and is slightly smoother.

It's a great amp. Especially, if you play metal. It's also pretty good for most rock applications... and the cleans are quite good for SS.

So basically it has less mids than the Ampeg?
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Quote by MadAudioMan
Have you played one? Or heard one IRL? And yeah. I hear the cleans are good. Which is more or less one of the main reasons I'd like one. My crate was very quiet cleans. And no channel switching D:

Yeah, I was lucky to try both of them out, back-to-back.
It was the only time I've ever seen them on my CL

Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
So basically it has less mids than the Ampeg?

Pretty much.
The bass also a little boomier, but still incredibly tight.