Hello, oh so informative Pit.

I was wondering what your opinions are on Macs. If you use one, do you prefer it over a pc, and if so, why? If you prefer a pc, why?

I'm asking this basically because I've got a really nice gaming pc.. But I didn't think about the future when I bought everything and now I'm really wanting something to record with and other stuff.

So, thy answers, plox.
PC for me.
I also have my own laptop that runs on Linux. It's awesome if you know what you're doing.
Last edited by skaterskagg1 at Jul 21, 2009,
Macs suck.

/thread

Anyone who is familiar with a computer can tell you that.
I prefer Macs mainly because I use my computer for internet and music.

Macs and PC's both have their flaws.
Well, I have a 2007 macbook, and it's pretty good for everything except for gaming, so if you have a nice gaming pc, I say go ahead and get a mac. Although people do give you sh*t for having a mac
Nothing to see here, move along
I've got a 2009 MacBook Pro and a 2006 Dell running Windows 7.

They're made for different stuff. I do all my recording, media stuff, etc. on my Mac, and I play games on windows and run more intensive applications. It's just easier though to have it split and not all cluttered on one machine.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Just wait till windows 7 comes out the winter lol. I've used the RC version and its bitchin'
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
Quote by Kevy Absolution
I've got a 2009 MacBook Pro and a 2006 Dell running Windows 7.

They're made for different stuff. I do all my recording, media stuff, etc. on my Mac, and I play games on windows and run more intensive applications. It's just easier though to have it split and not all cluttered on one machine.

What do you consider "more intensive applications"?
Games, Turbo Tax...haha. Things like Guitar Pro. That thing is a HUGE Memory Hog, and anything that saps CPU usage I restrict to my PC because it's more of the workhorse and less of the favorite.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by Garb
What do you consider "more intensive applications"?

I'd assume he would probably mean stuff like Adobe Creatize Suite(Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, etc). Anything that you need a chunk of meat to feed it for it to bow to you and let you be its God

EDITamn a bit late, but apps like I mentioned would qualiy
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
Last edited by Arch1119 at Jul 21, 2009,
I have been a PC user for 26 years. I got my first MAC last summer and have never looked back. You will never get a straight answer from most people because they are extremely bias.

4 months later my wife's 1 year old top of the line Sony Viao went ka-put. She absolutely didn't want a mac, but i forced her to test drive my mac for a day. The next payday she got a Macbook pro and has never regretted it.

I would suggest trying to get to a MAC store if there is one near you and play with their demos. In the end the decision is yours, don't let anyone make up your mind for you.
Quote by Eliyahu
Macs suck.

/thread

Anyone who is familiar with a computer can tell you that.

I beg to differ mr. all knowing.
I prefer a PC myself. Might sound strange but sometimes I think Macs can be a little too user-friendly. A little too clean.

The massive price tags are my main problem with them though, plus the fact that people mostly buy Apple laptops and whatnot as fashion accessories more than anything else.
Quote by Kevy Absolution
Games, Turbo Tax...haha. Things like Guitar Pro. That thing is a HUGE Memory Hog, and anything that saps CPU usage I restrict to my PC because it's more of the workhorse and less of the favorite.

Really? Guitar Pro is too much for your Mac? Wow. lol

Quote by koikomoru
I have been a PC user for 26 years. I got my first MAC last summer and have never looked back. You will never get a straight answer from most people because they are extremely bias.

4 months later my wife's 1 year old top of the line Sony Viao went ka-put. She absolutely didn't want a mac, but i forced her to test drive my mac for a day. The next payday she got a Macbook pro and has never regretted it.

I would suggest trying to get to a MAC store if there is one near you and play with their demos. In the end the decision is yours, don't let anyone make up your mind for you.

I would go to a store.. But the closest one is 2 hours away...
For something as expensive as a Mac it's probably worth the drive though... So I'll probably end up going and checking it out.

Could you give some insight as to why Macs are better (to you)?
Everyone's just saying what they prefer... Not why.
D:

Anyone got more helpful input?