hey guys once i get a nice tube amp ive been wanting to update my first piece of crap guitar the me445. so i considered puting emgs in 81 and 85s. would this increased the soung quality cause i mostly play metal. also my cousin is into woodworking and he sugested that he woul trick it out and scallop the higher frets and thin the neck, its a strat style neck so fat. note i currently have a vypyr 75 but im planning on getting a windsor or a randall rt. what do u think would it make it soung better.
I'm sure EMGs would be way better than the stock pickups. As long as your cousin knows what he's doing, why the hell not?
the great thing about emgs i that theyll mostly mask the wood/quality of a guitar. so yes, emgs would be a great choice. just make sure you buy real active emgs and not "passive" emgs.... which arent even emgs....
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

I've heard the high end First Act guitars are actually pretty nice, but I always associate them with the plastic flutes and toy drums at Wal-Mart.
Quote by schtick_bomb
the great thing about emgs i that theyll mostly mask the wood/quality of a guitar. so yes, emgs would be a great choice. just make sure you buy real active emgs and not "passive" emgs.... which arent even emgs....

I don't know about that, I know a lot of people claim that EMGs sound the same in all guitars, but it just doesn't make sense to me. Of course I've never owned a guitar with EMGs installed, so who knows? You could be right.
Quote by CaptDin
I don't know about that, I know a lot of people claim that EMGs sound the same in all guitars, but it just doesn't make sense to me. Of course I've never owned a guitar with EMGs installed, so who knows? You could be right.

That's because companies would usually put EMG's in Alder or Mahogany bodies which produces a nice warm tone. But it's bound to sound different if the wood is different.
Quote by alexi returns
hey guys once i get a nice tube amp...

Whoa, I just noticed this part of the post. Before you do anything, be warned: EMGs sound like CRAP through solidstate amps. So if you think it's gonna be a while before you a get a tube amp, you may want to wait on the new pickups.
Quote by CaptDin
Whoa, I just noticed this part of the post. Before you do anything, be warned: EMGs sound like CRAP through solidstate amps. So if you think it's gonna be a while before you a get a tube amp, you may want to wait on the new pickups.

That's not true, it all depends on how loud of signal the front end of the amp can take, some solid state gear can handle it no problem. Also, the great thing about actives is when you roll down the volume it doesn't affect the tone. So, if the signal's too hot, he can lower it until there's no clipping.

Anyways, EMGs work fine with my POD without harsh clipping.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2