Hey guys, for about the last 3-4 weeks I've gotten into the habit of stayin up till about 2-3 am, which isn't unusual for most of UG, but I usually need a lot of sleep, and I'm starting to not wake up til 1-2 in the afternoon, and quite frankly, its starting to piss me off.

Any tips on falling asleep faster?
Needs a new sig

Scandanavian Metal > American Thrash/Groove> Everything Else

Gear:
Jackson JS32T Kelly
Ibanez RG120
RavenRG60
Boss Metal Zone
You can always knock yourself out with some sleeping pills. Or you can just set a bed time for yourself and every night try to go to bed at that time.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Go to bed a half hour earlier every night. You won't be able to go to bed 3 or 4 hours earlier right away cuz your body isn't used to it.

Also, try drinking milk with a banana before bed.
You think 3 am is bad? I sleep at 7-8 am and wake up at 5 pm, my sleeping schedule is so ****ed up... Next week I start working and I don't know how to fix this..
The main problem is though, it takes forever for me to fall asleep, for instance, I can go to bed at 10 and not fall asleep till 1.

Sleeping pills might work, and I'm definitely gonna try the No caffiene after 6 thing.

EDIT:
Originally posted by 6StringedSavior

fap

Tried it.
Needs a new sig

Scandanavian Metal > American Thrash/Groove> Everything Else

Gear:
Jackson JS32T Kelly
Ibanez RG120
RavenRG60
Boss Metal Zone
Last edited by COBHC145 at Jul 21, 2009,
There are alot of factors too consider with sleeping patterns

What time you eat
What you do before you go too sleep
Do you drink?
Do any drugs?
Do you unwind before sleeping?
Are you heavily stressed?
Are you comfortable in the area you're sleeping in?
Do you have bad anxiety?

Things like that.

The suggestion of no caffeine after 6pm is good, also try too avoid taking any naps unless you really need the extra sleep until your routine becomes regular and you have no trouble sleeping.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
You think 3 am is bad? I sleep at 7-8 am and wake up at 5 pm, my sleeping schedule is so ****ed up... Next week I start working and I don't know how to fix this..

This is almost exactly how I was and kinda still am.
I worked the graveyard shirt for over a year and I've never been able to change my sleep patterns.
i got the same problem except i stay up till 5 get up at 1.
YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS SIG

8/7/09 man, the pear broke loose.

Rule #1 - I'm the Boss
Rule #2 - The Boss is always right
Rule #3 - When the boss is wrong see rule #2
Dude just set your alarm tomorrow for 9:00. Then tomorrow night you will be really tired so go to sleep at like 10-11 or whatever. But set your alarm again for like 9 or 10 and repeat until your body changes to that time
stay up all the way through a night then crash at the time you want to go to sleep the next night
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Turn off the computer, lights and everything else. You'll sleep.

In my world, the color RED doesn't exist.

The system has encountered a fatal error [1809]: 'YourOpinion' var has no set value.
[quote="'-LeG[A"]cY-']Smoke weed

actually this^ it works, u just lie down and next thing u know ur asleep. i usually dont fall asleep well either
I know what you mean. I've been going to bed at 7-8am and getting up at 3-4pm. The only way to really fix it is set an alarm and get up early. You'll be tired as fuck all day, but at least you'll be able to go to bed at a normal time.
*parp*
well you gotta get offline first bud, then take it from there.

...or sleeping pills, Codine, Nyquil and ect.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Be happy that you don't have terrible tinnitis, and horrible emotional issues that border on insomnia to deal with every night. You have it easy.
try to not do anything involving much energy use for like 3-4 hrs before laying down to sleep. keep yur adrenaline from going up. or do the exact opposite, and move a whole lot to tire you down. just don't do stuff in the middle.

i have a problem where i cant sleep but will lay in bed for an hour before i can sleep. fapping does tend to work sometimes though.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
eat a baked potato with all the fixins.

I learned that in the HEALTH & NUTRITION thread.

Carbs have a relaxing effect on the body.
GTFO my sig
Quote by 6StringedSavior
fap

hell yea king diamond!!!! but anyway you always feel at ease afterward.
Do a wake-n'-bake.

It makes you so tired that it's impossible to stay up past 10 o'clock.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I have the exact same problem...just wake up a lot earlier in the morning and you'll be able to fall asleep earlier. But you have to keep waking up early so you can fall back into the natural pattern again.
E-Married to Eddie4President

ARMENIAN

Quote by VANGELIS!
Ya, my mom walked in on me taking a **** into my coffee mug when I was 23. There was a spider in the bathroom and I was too scared to go in

Quote by angusfan16
I'll join. I have a vagina.
A couple of years back, I had a similar problem with taking ages to fall asleep. My solution was to listen to my favourite album every night while lying in bed

EDIT: Anything lavender-based is also good for relaxing
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Last edited by Perfection 101 at Jul 21, 2009,
Drink Horlicks or a malt-based hot drink, then read a book or put on an episode of something you've seen a million times.

Or just have a joint.
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
Binaural beats. People may laugh but it always gets me sleeping, it's really relaxing.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Just set an alarm and force yourself to wake up at 6 in the morning tomorrow, no matter what time you go to sleep.

Then you'll be tired by at least 9 and should pass out with no problem.

At least that's how I reset my internal sleep clock.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by skaterskagg1
No caffeine after 6 PM

No caffeine after 4pm would be better
Get alot of exercise after you eat a meal
Take a relaxing shower

then go to bed

OR

Stay up until bedtime THE NEXT DAY
Quote by Perfection 101
EDIT: Anything lavender-based is also good for relaxing

Fucking hell I love lavender... In have this pillow with a compartment in the stuffing that I put fresh lavender in and it is the greatest thing ever. Although to be perfectly honest, it doesn't really help me sleep it just gets me really relxed.

And to all the people saying to smoke some herb, it works, but you have to be careful not to use it all the time to get to sleep. I've been doing that recently and its been working a treat but I ran out yesterday and now its 4am and I haven't been to sleep yet...
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Obvious answer is to set alarm clock at 7:00 tomorrow.
Exercise
Take 2-3 benadryl 1 hour before you'd like to sleep
Smoke weed

Those are you're best choices.

/thread
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by jinjan29
Dude just set your alarm tomorrow for 9:00. Then tomorrow night you will be really tired so go to sleep at like 10-11 or whatever. But set your alarm again for like 9 or 10 and repeat until your body changes to that time

this seems to work for me
Quote by boreamor
Thousands upon thousands of people yelling "IcyHot"...

Quote by imdeth
She looks like she has triforces in her eyes...

Quote by Nakon14
*sigh* yet again, only on UG would somebody rush to their computer to tell the pit when their lives or property are in dire trouble.