So Pit, I've just this minute sent off an application to become an Officer in the RAF. I won't bore you with details but I'm seriously hoping to be accepted.

Thankfully it's not a commitment to join or anything so it's not like I'm buggered if I change my mind. That's a plus.

Wish me luck.
Good luck man
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Good luck man. I was a few signatures away from joining the US Air Force. I still might after college.
Quote by Snake_42
So Pit, I've just this minute sent off an application to become an Officer in the RAF. I won't bore you with details but I'm seriously hoping to be accepted.

Thankfully it's not a commitment to join or anything so it's not like I'm buggered if I change my mind. That's a plus.

Wish me luck.

Dinnae dae it mate, y'd huv tae be aff yer nut. cannon fodder.
Last edited by DaathMatal at Jul 21, 2009,
Don't join the military. The money isn't good, it's pretty much prison, you don't want to be away from your friends and family, you don't want all of your freedom taken away, and you can get better work experience elsewhere.

Take it from me, I was in the military, doing the easiest job ever, and it still sucked. I mean, it was "fun", and it wasn't that bad, but I wish that I didn't, considering I got my University fully paid through scholarships anyways.

Edit:

I was an Officer too, so I don't see what the guy below me is saying.
Last edited by Grindar at Jul 21, 2009,
Quote by skaterskagg1
You guys all fail. He's joining as an OFFICER! It's different than a recruit.

also, he is flying, which is f*ckin awesome
Quote by yomoma21
also, he is flying, which is f*ckin awesome

No flying for me unfortunately. I've actually applied to be an Aerospace Battle Manager. As far as I can figure out, I'll be the guy sitting in the bunker making sure nobody dies.
Quote by Snake_42
No flying for me unfortunately. I've actually applied to be an Aerospace Battle Manager. As far as I can figure out, I'll be the guy sitting in the bunker making sure nobody dies.

Oh well that sounds alright then. I am fine for our english or americans friends to become cannon fodder but no fellow Scots.
Quote by Snake_42

I did some training in Scotland and at one part I had to shutdown a bunch of Surface-Air comm transponders, and I exploded one by accident
im not a big fan of the military but i wish you all the best!
best of luck mate. sure youll enjoy your job.

dont listen to people like grindar and k90728. people have their own opinions and views. best option if you want an idea what its like is find people that work doing the same thing or close to the same thing you'll do. talk to them, see what the job is like, hours, stuff like that. formulate your own opinion as to whether you'll like it or not. and never listen to what the recruiter says, theyll load you with false info unless you really know em well.

The money isn't good
this is the worst thing you can tell someone. the pay directly may not be as good as it is in the private sector, but you get the bonus of free healthcare, job security, money for housing, etc. base pay doesnt match up, but they make up for it with all the other incentives. in the end you should wind up taking home more money unless you just suck at managing it.
If man was meant to fly, we'd have wings.
If man was meant to fly and kill things, we'd have wings and piss bullets and sh*t bombs.
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours
Be accused by the promoter of being late
Get told we have only a 10 minute set
Play pure noise for 10 minutes

Worst and most amusing gig of my life.

Anyone else had this kind of **** happen?!

Dimebag had a worse gig.
Quote by DaathMatal
Dinnae dae it mate, y'd huv tae be aff yer nut. cannon fodder.

RAF = royal air force. infantry is the cannon fodder.
he is also applying for an Officer, not a recruit.
pull a Hendrix and fake breaking an ankle for an honourable discharge
then be a guitar god

good luck anyways. I'm the only person in my family since the civil war who wants nothing to do with the military. Kudos to you man
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
RAF = royal air force. infantry is the cannon fodder.
he is also applying for an Officer, not a recruit.

how did you understand my code?

im not anti war or anything at all, my great grandad was awarded the Victoria Cross. we are losing guys every day even americans arent dieing so much now. if it came to defending your country that is a different story.
Last edited by DaathMatal at Jul 21, 2009,
Quote by k90728
**** anything that has to do with the military.

The military does what they're told
And your elected officials tell them where to go and what to do
The military is their tool
I don't see why you hate the tool
Especially after they risk their neck for you.

I'm actually going to be joining the navy here soon, delayed entry program being that I'm 17. The navy pays quite alot, and seeing that I will probably be going to college during my time in the Navy, paid tuition and everything, I will be making alot more.

But I digress, cheers to you TS!
Join the Scottish military so you can freeball in your dress uniform kilts ftw!
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Wait 5 hours
Be accused by the promoter of being late
Get told we have only a 10 minute set
Play pure noise for 10 minutes

Worst and most amusing gig of my life.

Anyone else had this kind of **** happen?!

Dimebag had a worse gig.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
scots accent is easy to read and understand for me.

scottish, not scots

anyway good luck ts
Cheers for the encouragement guys.

I don't suppose anyone here has any experience of this sort of thing?
Quote by k90728
**** anything that has to do with the military.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000