Alright me and the members of my band picked a name we thought cool, but i wanted some input from the UG members what do you guys think of this name?

Next Vengence is the name of our band and we know we spelt vengeance wrong but thats the way we wanted it to be. So give me your input.
Genre?
Message your trying to get across?
Lyrical themes?
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
Quote by you = fail
Genre?
Message your trying to get across?
Lyrical themes?

We're a hard rock band and we havent started writing lyrics yet but for hard rock do you think that'll work?
dont spell your name wrong. It makes you look stupid. However in my opinion i think next vengeance is kinda meh.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Why do all band names these days make it seem like you're trying too hard to be cool?
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
In my honest opinion, it's a dash cliche, but still not bad. When selecting a band name, try making it something that has a meaning to you and the other members. Perhaps an inside joke, or a phrase you and/or your bandmates use. Even a phrase from a book or movie. Just make it something with a meaning behind it.
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Epiphone Prophecy EM-2
'06 Epiphone Les Paul-100
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
Quote by funkbass369
Why do all band names these days make it seem like you're trying too hard to be cool?

We didnt even try to make it sound cool we just found something we liked.
how about
We Were Promised Jet Packs
already a band, saw them on myspace and they look **** just judging by the name. so dnt get one of those ****ty hardcore, nonsense band names for your sake.
Quote by Tatersalad1080
dont spell your name wrong. It makes you look stupid. However in my opinion i think next vengeance is kinda meh.

Well you of all people should know, you cant fix stupid.

Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
Sounds like rock metal heavy metal grouyp so if u got some country **** going dont even bother. I dont like next vengeance but i like just straight up vengeance but out of all the people in the world i guagartee thiers a person with a band named that
I think its a little too typical, especially for the genre. And you shouldn't spell it wrong. I mean Trapt is good, but leaving out the "a" in "vengeance" isn't cool or anything IMO. But then again, what do I know?
GEAR

Fender Telecaster Standard
Ibanez GAX75
Takamine Jasmine
Quote by TheElectricity
I think its a little too typical, especially for the genre. And you shouldn't spell it wrong. I mean Trapt is good, but leaving out the "a" in "vengeance" isn't cool or anything IMO. But then again, what do I know?

Well the reason we left out the "a" is because i thought the word vengeance just looks odd with the "a" and the guys and i just decided we'd leave it out, but w/e thanks for the opinion.
The name is almost as generic as one of them Tom Clancy games that come out every month.
Try to do something unique.
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
Don't use it, for the love of God, I'm begging, it's totally awful it's cliche and honestly it just seems like an attempt to be ominous/high and mighty when really it isn't >.<
Quote by craig-sansum
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote by Sanitarium91
Liking the cosmic toad vocals is a sign of exquisite taste, so good on you!
If I heard of a band called that playing, I would automatically assume they were an Avenged Sevenfold cover band.
And you don't want that.
For serious.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by funkbass369

true dat.

find something unique
Quote by Sleaze Disease
If I heard of a band called that playing, I would automatically assume they were an Avenged Sevenfold cover band.
And you don't want that.
For serious.

I second this it does sound a little too "we're all that and a bag of chips"
Quote by 7stringusr
+99999999999999999999999999999999

Guitars

Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
"Jackson Warrior" (still needs funding)

Amplol

Crate GT65

Pedals

Vox Satchurator
Cry Baby
Phraser

My Last.fm

Fallout 3 Data
I think its kinda cool, but I think it would be better for a metal band, or an Avenged Sevenfold type band...
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
^The thing is, not all metal is that cliche or, as was mentioned earlier "we're all that & a bag chips"
Maybe get something from mythology?
Quote by craig-sansum
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote by Sanitarium91
Liking the cosmic toad vocals is a sign of exquisite taste, so good on you!
Metal - Vengeance is Mine

The Score Settlers

Malt Vinegar

Just messing around, I like making silly band names
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Why dont you just make up your own unique words while your at it?

Victrofas bofaloz ?
Say what you will, its catchy. Ever heard of Hoobastank? What was that one back in the day, Jamarquai or something like that? I dont have a clue on that one.....
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Quote by elloel
Why dont you just make up your own unique words while your at it?

Victrofas bofaloz ?

that sounds like a mars volta song name.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
I'm currently with 2 bands and its only the side project that i'm "helping" out in that actually has a name "The Troubadour Massacre" while my main band has been together longer and we decided to go for a name change so we are now not known as anything, we had thought of going with Thanatos (greek god) but after some research theres a band called that who just released an album so its back to the drawing board i think.
Quote by 7stringusr
+99999999999999999999999999999999

Guitars

Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
"Jackson Warrior" (still needs funding)

Amplol

Crate GT65

Pedals

Vox Satchurator
Cry Baby
Phraser

My Last.fm

Fallout 3 Data
yeah its realy not too great a name, its very generic. Think of something hard hitting,
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by funkbass369

I know what you mean, that's why my band's name is The Asian Parade
And on the seventh day, I said "Go to your room!"

check out my jazz tab and ill gladly do a review of any of your stuff

I play the bass clarinet! How 'bout you? PM me!