Page 1 of 3
well, yup, i r gonnna build a ofset V

now, dont kill me, but NO i wont be doing anything (such as changing pickups/bridges)

but im still undecieded on the paintjob. proberbly a stain or somthing. nothing that will take to much time.

now, im not (hopefully) gonna own this for too long, as i am just trying out the supplier (so, yes, im getting them from a supplier, not on other guitar websites that buy from this place, or someware like this place)

so im testing for quality ect.

then i will sell it, then (if there good) get some more...

here are some pics that the supplier sent to me for no aperent reson, they must have been taken somewerez in china, lulz!

teh body, a ofset V, alexi/RR type thing.

neck, with ofset dots, im not a big fan of them, but i hopefully wont have it for long anywho.

i should get it within the next week or so

then ill paint/put it together
so hopefully it wont take more than, idk 2/3 weeks to be done and ready to be sold to someone who wants a custom beginers guitar

well, anywho, thanks for readin! and now, your eyes are bleedin!

lol, i couldent help it, just poped into mah head when i wrote that, and i went with it, lol.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.

all teh lil bits that make this thing usable (hopefully )

body and teh stuffs

back of teh body and teh stuffs again.

ready to be sent to me! !
well, it should be in the mail/on a plane by now...

(moar picz cos it wouldent let me put all of dem on teh same post, lol.)
edit, last pic was linked to the same pic as i used b4, i failed lol.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Last edited by metal-matt at Jul 21, 2009,
a solid color would obv take the least time to paint, but i suggest making a faded paint job, like my flying V =) looks really good. make it dark green or something.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Do a purple sparkle finish. I think that'd look cool on that guitar. Maybe accent it with black or white.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
For the finish, I'd throw some bootmatched flame maple veneer on it, and stain it a very very dark blue/purple, with a solid black back. Then to get the flamed maple to merge with the back, I'd give it either a black burst on the edges, or a white binding.

That'd be beautiful ;D

http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/veneer.htm
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I suggest doing a black with red crackle, to give it a cool effect.
RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan
February 10, 1981 - December 28, 2009

My YouTube account:
Savage Redemption

My personal gear:
Schecter Omen-6

Questions? IM me (check my profile)

Just call me Zach
Friend Me!
lol, i will do a crackle guitar at somepoint, but this proberbly wont be it....well ok it might be...

and no, im not doing a veneer, i dont have the stuff for it, and i said i wont do anything like that.

so, it might be a purple, that could be cool (maybe a realy dark purple tho...)

or if i can get my hands on a biggass bucket, ill paint it dark purple and put a few black swirl line things on it, just to make it look more kickass :P

btw im doing the headstock kiinda like the ESP pointed head, or a BC rich pointed head, proly somewhere inbetween
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
looks like the same sorta kit that comes from GFS i think it is? With the funny lookin' pickup routes..

And can you stop typing like a teen rapper, it is really annoying.
Quote by guitarcam123
looks like the same sorta kit that comes from GFS i think it is? With the funny lookin' pickup routes..

And can you stop typing like a teen rapper, it is really annoying.

teen rappers type lulz and mah??

"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
punk, rapper, cool kid whatever, its annoying. This is not a chat site that uses teen slang and shit, its a community forum where proper grammar is used.
Quote by guitarcam123
punk, rapper, cool kid whatever, its annoying. This is not a chat site that uses teen slang and shit, its a community forum where proper grammar is used.

While I really want to correct your grammar now, I wont. It's a forum for guitar building, etc. and not nitpicking. Let's just let people be. While yes, improper grammar is annoying, it's idiocity speaks for itself without being given audience to.

It has been a long night, /rant.
u kno whut? i cood sooooo maek u rly pissed rite nao.

but, no i guess i shouldent.

also, im thinking dark purple with some black swirled onto it?
that might look good....

and i dont wanna do pinstripes....yet...
but i have a photoshop'd pic of a kinda pinstripy idea i had a while back...
/looks for photoshop file...

/finds file....

/uploads jpg...

w00t!

you like?
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
faded paint. like gibson ones.
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
I really like the grammar and spelling finish.

Anyways, Those always look good in either white or black.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
lol, guys im saying that i will do a white/black guitar (if this supplier is good) but this one wont be that...

i think a black/purple or a black/blue swirl will be needed

also, i hope that i can fit one of my killswitches (i got about 12 off ebay, both button and switch types, just-for-the-lols, ohh and they where cheap.

because, yeah i dont use the tone pots, they just make guitar sound muddy

well. the guitars that have 2 tone pots (strats, one for treb one for bass) there OK, but still...

so it will prolly be swirled and have a killswitch, thats about all, im not gonna go all out on it.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by Baby Joel
I really like the grammar and spelling finish.

Anyways, Those always look good in either white or black.

Agreed, you are not a lolcat, stop talking like one.
Gear:
Squier Strat (modded)
Vintage SG
ESP-LTD Alexi 200
Epiphone Explorer Goth
Les Paul Build
Flying V Build
EH Metal Muff
Dunlop Cry Baby GCB95
Ashdown Fallen Angel 40

i guess its cos ive spent quite, QUITE a long time at a gameing forum... (and quite populer there)

so...

wait... over in that forum, I AM THE MOST RANDOM PERSON YOU WILL EVER MEET.
srsly.

anywho ill try to keep it down, but jesus, cant i say w00t?
also this is kinda what i would like as a paintjob...
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
You know how to do a swirl job? I did mine years ago, kinda brought a fashion here on UG in a way, at least it seemed so because all of hte other swirls done after.

Check my thread and projectguitar.com guide on swirling.
im pretty sure how to swirl, and i will be practising alot before i do it for real, i dont wanna stuff it up...

but i think swirling one colour on one colour shoudent be to hard to mess up
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
I take it back. The grammar is truly annoying, are you 12? I'll hush now.

As for the swirl purple job I think it would look sick on a v but only with gold hardware IMO.

You'll need to put down a base coat of black, seal it, and then swirl some purple on it. Again, project guitar has a great tutorial and video but don't be too sure it will be easy, I screwed up way too many times on just a plank of wood. You need to make sure that the guitar is only being coated when being pulled up and you have enough paint in the bucket to coat the full body.

Lastly don't bump your own thread unless you are posting progress or are asking a question. Bumping for the sake of views is lame.
fine, next time ill bump it will be when it gets here.

and im 16,
i kinda have modes that switch around in the way i talk depending on what im doing, going from total lolcat/H4X to totaly normal and as good as i can get...

most of the time its a mix of casual and lolcat.
its just me.
you wouldnet judge a person on there accent, would you?
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Quote by metal-matt

and im 16,
i kinda have modes that switch around in the way i talk depending on what im doing, going from total lolcat/H4X to totaly normal and as good as i can get...

its just me.

no but i do tend to judge people on how they type stuff on the internet, especially when they were born in an english speaking country and yet seem to know less of the english language than some people who are portugeese, argentinean, german, russian, french, etc... what's even better is that these people usually put "sorry for my english" and yet i never seem to see an apology like that from someone who is unable to speak their OWN language properly?
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."

ok, you know when you go to some other country, and hang around them for awhile, and you start to sound like them? (a accent.)

well, what happens when you hang around people on the internet for quite some time, do you not talk like them to?

well, make your own decision.

anyway, this is a music forum, dont judge people on the way they talk.
ohh, unless they are the singer...

edit, slight typo.

also lets get over this. i could be way worse than i am.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Last edited by metal-matt at Jul 23, 2009,
Personally I think a black-to-purple burst (purple in the middle) would look best. I think swirls look pretty stupid.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by metal-matt

and im 16,

its just me.

I was judging you based on your spelling. lol
uhh, ok then.
also im expecting it to arive either monday (tomorow) or sometime early next week.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Haha I like how everyone suggested purple after I did.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
ok, so it took way longer than expected.. ohwell
but, it is here!

i just got it in the mail today
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Dno6nnsNw
^(note, that link might not work yet, come back in 30 min and it SHOULD work.)

ill take more pictures as i do some more work to it.

im thinkning metalic blue/dark blue now lol.. the kit seems to come with white pickups.. so hmm...

ohh, and can i use the lemon oil on the neck/back of the neck? or should i try to get some "tung oil" as that seems to get said alot around the internets...

so, yay i have my kit
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
I would use tung oil over lemon oil. Tung oil typically has a little lacquer in it, and thus offers more protection, while still giving you a silky finish.
oi, my uncle IS paraplegic...

other than that, i guess i will ask at my music shop for tung oil, sounds good, thanks.

also, i had a squier strat neck sitting around (im repainting the body atm) and i noticed the neck's being slightly differant lengths (both 22 fret i think)

soo, i got out a measuring tape and strangly enuff, the neck (from the kit) is 24.5/8" (i think) so, thats kinda weird/coo because ive allways wanted to try a guitar without a 25.5" scale

(edit, type-o's amd some changes to make a bit more sence )
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Last edited by metal-matt at Aug 4, 2009,
Gibson guitars typically have 24.75", while Fenders have 25".
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
You see what I mean, right? The way that body's constructed makes a solid colour your only real option, because any natural finish will highlight the fact that the joins are NOT parallel to the neck. Also, isn't that bad for strength?

Edit: Gibson guitars have a scale length of 'whatever the Gibson techs felt like on the day'. They put a few lengths in a hat, then pick one out each time they make a guitar. It's probably more exciting that way, and it keeps us on our toes.
Last edited by -MintSauce- at Aug 4, 2009,
i wasnt gonna stain this, dont you worry about that...
unless i get a veneer, but nah, i dont think i will.

but yes i know that fenders are normaly 25.5" so yeah this must be the gibson/classic bc rich... weird.

but shall be interesting to try anyway.
ps should the tug oil be on the fretboard? or just the back? or is it just prefferance?
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
I wouldn't oil the rosewood, in case it splits or something. Get some 'lemon oil' for the fingerboard, and do the neck with tung oil. Be sure to sand it with some high-grit sandpaper first. Kits tend to come out a bit rough, compared to a playable guitar.
You don't need a special music store for tung oil, any hardware store should have some. And use lemon oil on the rosewood fingerboard as Minty said.
Quote by metal-matt
im pretty sure how to swirl, and i will be practising alot before i do it for real, i dont wanna stuff it up...

but i think swirling one colour on one colour shoudent be to hard to mess up

Wiow wow wow. You dont swirl one color on another.

You are not going to paint the guitar black and swirl purple for example. The swirl comes from the two paints swirling in the water. Trust me, I tried that with a white piece of wood and it came out all black. Maybe I'm wrong, but I tried and it didn't work like that. My swirl ended up quite nice though, despite it got a bit runny.
@cedricsmods, sounds good, ill use lemon oil on the neck, ive allready got some so thats good.

@alexander, i know that, but if im swirling white and black onto a white guitar, im basicly only swirling one color.
(or colour, heheh)

anywho imma gonna go drill some holes where they need to be drilled, and maybe oil the neck.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Page 1 of 3