Is it possiable to get flat notes harmony. Ofcourse u can get regular harmony but i was wondering if u can get flat note harmony. ANd if u can how do u do it. Like instead of harmonrizing B which is G i think how do u harmonize b flat. My guess would be a flat? i dont know. And i know sinster shawdow already created a tab on regular harmony. But this is differnt
it depends what exactly youre trying to achieve. different intervals are for different harmonies, and depending on the piece they cna be used to achieve different tones.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
I guratte thiers a pattern to achieve through for flat notes harmony. U no any u can explain?
Harmony with notes that have sharps or flats works exactly the same way as harmony with notes that don't have sharps or flats, if that's what your asking. I don't see why it would be any different, as every major scale except one uses at least one sharp or flat.
to ts

you sir have out trolled me

respek
Originally Posted by jmac72187
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis 2
to ts

you sir have out trolled me

respek
You would think that...but I dunno man, there are some scary people out there.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
Harmonise the Cb major scale. Theres your harmony made of entirely flat notes.

Harmony can be made up of any kind of note names (even double sharps).
You could start by learning how to spell harmony.
COLOURFUL SIGNATURE

compliment from fellow UGer
Quote by mcr tabs
I still dont get it i still not more eppxplain than this

What's not to get? Harmonizing is about intervals. If you're harmonizing in fifths, then the note will be a fifth above what you're harmonizing with. It's not rocket science. I suggest you read The Crusade articles in the columns section of this site.
Oviously. I know what harmony is. I just dont understand flat note harmony. Fith note to Gb is? Gb Ab Bb. Bb? Thride note. Or Gb Ab Bb C Db Eb. Eb as the fith? or do u count whthe regular notes as well? idk.
Quote by mcr tabs
Oviously. I know what harmony is.
Obviously not.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
Quote by mcr tabs
Oviously. I know what harmony is. I just dont understand flat note harmony. Fith note to Gb is? Gb Ab Bb. Bb? Thride note. Or Gb Ab Bb C Db Eb. Eb as the fith? or do u count whthe regular notes as well? idk.
What are you talking about? Flat notes are the same as regular notes. A fifth is seven semitones.
The fifth from Gb is Db. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about

Observe:
Gb, G, Ab, A, Bb, B, C, Db

Read these -> http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/search.php?s=The+crusade&w=columns
TS: You don't understand, though. You need to understand INTERVALS. A fifth up from G is D. A fifth up from Gb is Db. But there's nothing special about flats. There isn't something called "flat note harmony". It's all the same. Harmonizing with notes that have accidentals is the same as harmonizing with other notes. I don't think you understand intervals OR harmony, and if you do, you're not showing it very well. You can't harmonize a lot of things without running into one or two flats in the first place.
Quote by timeconsumer09
TS: You don't understand, though. You need to understand INTERVALS. A fifth up from G is D. A fifth up from Gb is Db. But there's nothing special about flats. There isn't something called "flat note harmony". It's all the same. Harmonizing with notes that have accidentals is the same as harmonizing with other notes. I don't think you understand intervals OR harmony, and if you do, you're not showing it very well. You can't harmonize a lot of things without running into one or two flats in the first place.

what i dont get is this . alright say u got a gb like my other examples is the harmony to the interfal just F ?
Quote by mcr tabs
what i dont get is this . alright say u got a gb like my other examples is the harmony to the interfal just F ?
TS what are you on about? I'll try and explain -

There are 12 notes in the western chromatic scale -
A, A#/Bb, B, C, C#/Db, D, D#/Eb, E, F, F#/Gb, G, G#/Ab

An interval is the difference between two notes either harmonic or melodic. Flats and sharps are notes like any other. You treat them just like non sharps/flats

You can use any intervals you want to harmonise a phrase. Minor seconds. Major seconds, Major thirds, Minor thirds so you'll have to be a bit more specific about what kind of harmony you want

The difference between a Gb and an F is a minor second or major seventh dending on wether the F is above or below the Gb. Certainly not a harmony I would use

Again read the crusade columns

And watch these videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OXv69rcko0&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb6Wek3CrhA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7P4aC3ZGcg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5cbGjcTdvw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHokfdEUEHw&feature=related

What I've written is kinda all over the place but so are your thoughts

TS might I reccomend you get a guitar teacher? Having someone explain things to you in person is I find much more effective than having random strangers explain it to you over the internet
Last edited by Nietsche at Jul 22, 2009,
Harmonizing in 5th
If you have a G it is a D
Gb is a Db

You are flatting the root of your chord to you just flat the fifth that you would use to harmonize with the G. And you aren't supposed to harmonize an entire melody in all fifths, btw... parallel fifths is a no, no.
Earth without ART, is just Eh...
Quote by metalzeppelin
And you aren't supposed to harmonize an entire melody in all fifths, btw... parallel fifths is a no, no.
That's the recieved wisdom in the classical world but it doesn't mean you shouldn't do it
Quote by mcr tabs

You don't even appear to know what English is.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
well you can i guess but it would be very boring and no one would want to listen to it.
Quote by metalzeppelin
well you can i guess but it would be very boring and no one would want to listen to it.
That's a pretty bold claim

If there are people that can appreciate arto lindsay's guitar work there are people that will enjoy a melody harmonised in 5ths
well it sounds empty is all i'm saying. and it will be more interesting if there are other intervals. kinda how it's more interesting to play non-power chords all the time on the guitar.
Does this guy mean a scale degree which is flatted or just any flat note in general?
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?