I think my guitar has a grounding issue. Whenever it's plugged in and turned up but I'm not playing, there's a minor buzzzzzz going on. When I touch anything metal on the guitar, everything goes silent, even if the metal isn't wired to the electronics (like the Bigsby). Is there a quick fix for this issue?

It's an SG standard with P90 in the neck and a bigsby b5 (with vibramate). Thanks!

Edit: my 50s Classic Telecaster (stock) does it too.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Last edited by Sid McCall at Jul 22, 2009,
definately a grounding issue, i have the same deal with my gibby V. not quite sure exactly how to fix it, i believe resoldering the wire that connects to the bridge (the grounding wire) might fix it, or re-shielding the pickguard. dont quote me tho, im no expert on guitar electronics.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Ah, so it finally happened. The Holy Grail Reverb actually does have some issues. That or my Orange Micro Crush which is running on batteries right now. Probably both. Actually, I just checked and it's definitely at least the Orange. I plugged straight in and it's definitely still doing it, however quieter. The reverb is probably just making it worse. Oh well.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite