So first off.. I bought a boss me-20 multi effects.. I have a Prestige les paul and a Randall 75 watt.. I want to know how to get Zakk Wylde's tone you find in Crazy Train Live & Loud version. Any help?
Last edited by Mrkatou at Jul 22, 2009,
First thing I would check..... Your guitar pick-ups. They are everything in the way a guitar sounds. I'm would also upgrade your current Randall equipment to a half stack with a Marshall head, or better yet a Marshall with a 5150 head (more money).

Zakk sales his own 'name brand' EMG's. They are bit much out of the pocket, but you can find some good deals on Ebay!
There used to be a thread in the Electric Guitar forum for these kind of questions but I dont know where it is now. If you can find it, it would help you alot though.
Obviously Fassa.
Quote by NMKeith74
First thing I would check..... Your guitar pick-ups. They are everything in the way a guitar sounds. I'm would also upgrade your current Randall equipment to a half stack with a Marshall head, or better yet a Marshall with a 5150 head (more money).

Zakk sales his own 'name brand' EMG's. They are bit much out of the pocket, but you can find some good deals on Ebay!

What are you, stupid?
Most of your tone comes out of the amp your playing; pickups do play a part but they aren't as influential as you may think. And he asked for settings, not amp suggestions

To T.S. (thread starter, if you didn't know what that stood for) you could try setting your pedal close to a marshall sound, and he uses a wah on most of his soloing so make a marshall with a crybaby setting for soloing.

to dude who posted below me:Woo hoo, lets flame the n00bs!

wait... your one of them! *Runs away*
Last edited by tukk04 at Jul 22, 2009,
Quote by NMKeith74

the 85 and 81 were around before zakk wylde played em
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.