Oky, so we have a grassroot guitar in our shop and it seems I can not find a lot of reviews on them. I know it is a branch company of ESP. Are they good? In my opinion, I really liked it. The pickups and all electrics are crappy, however when I plugged it I really liked it. I am not a brand fan, so I do not care is it a fender or poop on a stick, so do not tell me that "it is bad because it is not a fender". I personally loved the guitar, it handled very good. But what other people think about them? : )

Low end of the ESP branches of guitars. I think they are on par with LTD 250 series guitars so yeah I haven't tried one out myself but supposedly they play okay.
I think it would play and handle similar to a Starcaster or Squier.

If I were to buy it, I'd have to swap out those pickups, probably the bridge and tuners, too.

I wanna be like that one guy on here that took a crappy $200 Squier and turned it into a $500 one...
Well I knew that they are at the low end. I was amazed when I picked it up. Yeah they pickups are kinda week, however the shape of the neck and just the finish of the body, it was really good. I picked up after that a Fender Stratocaster Highway One and I can say if I had to choose between those 2 Id got for the Grassroot. : ) I just want know is there someone out there who shares my point of view. Or has this guitar and can shed some more light on the topic.

EDIT:
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I think it would play and handle similar to a Starcaster or Squier.

If I were to buy it, I'd have to swap out those pickups, probably the bridge and tuners, too.

I wanna be like that one guy on here that took a crappy $200 Squier and turned it into a $500 one...

Yeah I hear you. I would do the same thing. : )
Last edited by Mekon at Jul 22, 2009,