I have a stratocaster but I'd like to have a guitar with humbucking pickups too
Can someone recommended a good mid price guitar with humbucking pickups that brings out metal and rock distortion well

something like Les Paul but more affordable

thx
epiphone les paul?
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Fender Stratocaster Custom
Epiphone Les Paul Classic (w/ EMG-81)
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Godin guitars are great, and they don't cost much. I like the sound of their humbuckers, although some say they too muddy. I'd check them out though.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
I like Schecters. Cort and Fernandes are both good buys used, but I wouldn't buy them new, since they have crap resale value. Same goes for the aforementioned Godin guitars.

All of those brands could do with pickup swaps, but the ones they come with are decent.
Is $450 acceptable?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by Minderbinder
Godin guitars are great, and they don't cost much. I like the sound of their humbuckers, although some say they too muddy. I'd check them out though.

How would you describe muddy ... the tribles are not crisp ?
Ibanez GAX-30 brings a decent H/H sound (for it's cheap price). One thing I'll recommend, don't buy another mid-price guitar, save up for something moderately good and spend it on that. After a year, you'll regret buying the other mid-price guitar.
Quote by XGhacker
Ibanez GAX-30 brings a decent H/H sound (for it's cheap price). One thing I'll recommend, don't buy another mid-price guitar, save up for something moderately good and spend it on that. After a year, you'll regret buying the other mid-price guitar.

Never buy an ibanez that the name starts with a G. Thats bad advice.
Quote by IPlaySchecter
Never buy an ibanez that the name starts with a G. Thats bad advice.

banez GAX-30 brings a decent H/H sound (for it's cheap price).

One thing I'll recommend, don't buy another mid-price guitar

Not trying to pull out a flame war, but I did say those lines.
It's a great guitar for begginers, considering the very cheap price. It can bring up some heavy sounds (again, for it's cheap price).
But then again, I'd advice to save up 300$ more and buy a good Ibanez/ Jackson.

The only thing I hate about the GAX-30 is that it has this annoying SG-like shape (uncomfortable when you put it on your leg), and it goes out of tune pretty fast, but that's probably because I'm using mine for about 2.5 years .

For it's price, it's a great guitar.
A great guitar overall? Fuck no .
Quote by metamp
How would you describe muddy ... the tribles are not crisp ?

It really depends on what amp you're running it though. I personally think they all sound fine.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
If your in the UK, the Washburn X50 Pro and the Washburn WI66 Pro are great guitars for sub£500.
If you're in the US, the Washburn WI64 is a pretty good model. As well as the Washburn X30 Pro. Both are sub$400.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me