So I'm looking at buying this guitar for my 2nd guitar, and I was wondering if I could have some info. Does it feel good? Does it last? Does it sound good?
Thanks.
Thats more of a begginer guitar, it has a bolt on neck and is kinda on the low side for guitars.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet
Thats more of a begginer guitar, it has a bolt on neck and is kinda on the low side for guitars.

What if I got the LP standard pickups? Or alternitavely, Gibson Burstbucker Pro pickups?
Depending on the amp you have, it will make the tone a little better, but it will still be a low end guitar made of basswood, and bad quality hardware. You can't polish a turd.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
Depending on the amp you have, it will make the tone a little better, but it will still be a low end guitar made of basswood, and bad quality hardware. You can't polish a turd.

Lol. What about a Montery LP?
I own one, and I wouldn't recommend it. Crappy hardware, muddy pickups, and faulty electronics. Mine fell apart by the end of the 14th month.
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Epiphone Prophecy EM-2
'06 Epiphone Les Paul-100
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
Never heard of it. Just save for an Epi LP.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by Pencil Man
Never heard of it. Just save for an Epi LP.
That will take me 80 weeks. I don't really wanna wait that long... I was thinking of more about $400-$500 AUD
Yeah i'll say that this is like a beginners guitar pretty much. Hmmm I see you are linking to an aussie site so i'll guess you're an aussie. Unfortunately if the price of that monterey is what you have to spend then you won't be able to get anything worthy.
I don't know about Aussie dollars, but you might be able to get a cheap Epi SG (not the special!).
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by minieme007
That will take me 80 weeks. I don't really wanna wait that long... I was thinking of more about $400-$500 AUD

Hey Bud, It was my first guitar, and I loved it until I developed somewhat of an ear. They really do sound like crap, and are ridiculously muddy. I'm in melbourne and retail on a les paul standard is like 700, so brand new I reckon your looking at 6-650, it would be worth your while saving. Trust me you'll just be disappointed.
Chitarre:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
1969 Fender Competition Mustang Bass (Competition Red)
Amplificatore:
Orange Thunderverb 50 head
Orange PPC412

Effetti:
Fulltone OCD V 1.4
EHX Big Muff PI
EHX Small Clone
Boss TU-3
The stock LP100 leaves ALOT to be desired. Mine was incapable of staying in tune for more than a minute at a time. Out of the box 1 of the pickups didnt work. The fret board needed alot of work to get a decent action, refretted. And mine was a lefty they pot lefty pots and righty knobs so 1 was max 10 was min. And the pickups are pretty much crap. It isnt made of basswood as someone mentioned, at least mine wasnt, its mahogany w alder top.
With your budget in AU your not gonna get much of a guitar. Thats starcaster territory. You might get lucky and get a LP100 w decent fret work but would still need tuners, pickups, and electronics. You really need patience to wait on a good guitar or more money.
^+1 or 2.

also, maybe you'll get a little more if you look used?

or if you sell something you have to get more money.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by asr_larocca
Hey Bud, It was my first guitar, and I loved it until I developed somewhat of an ear. They really do sound like crap, and are ridiculously muddy. I'm in melbourne and retail on a les paul standard is like 700, so brand new I reckon your looking at 6-650, it would be worth your while saving. Trust me you'll just be disappointed.

Okay thanks. Are you on ebay or have a website or something? I'm in melbourne too.
what was your first guitar? You may be downgrading
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

old thread.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Go next one up with a studio. I have one and it's better than i thought it would be.
*The Little Engine that Could* is an lp-100 on my profile. Its 10 years old and plays like a charm. It sounds really good, but doesnt have that legendary lp sustain.

They are not crap. They are light mahogany guitars with bolted on maple necks. They arent bad for beginners, but I would recommend an intermediate guitar. I cant really say that upgrading a 2nd rate guitar would be the best.

I got mine used with the case for $75 at a pawn shop. I dont think the price of a new one is worth it. There are far to many options in the price range. Other than being overpriced, I dont think they are bad guitars at all. They simply wont impress people with their looks.

I just got a new epi studio..i guess i will post pics soon. I bought it with low expectations, but I was really impressed.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Sep 5, 2009,