My local guitar place has a hondo 3 pickup bolt on lp copy for 150. I can't find anything about this online? Anybody played a hondo before? Going to go tomorrow and try it out, and if I like it maybe try to trade my ibanez art300 for it. But anybody every try one before, and is 150 a good deal? I've just been really wanting to get a vintage-rareish guitar lately, as well as a lp styled guitar, but also don't want to get ripped off.
I think that if the guitar was Vintage-rareish it would be sold for more than 150. Keep your Ibanez, isn't the ART300 a Les Paul styled guitar already?
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
The Hondo is also a "deluxe series," if that helps. But really, does anyone online anywhere know about these?
Quote by caesar_salad
It is lp styled, but I'm not really sure how I'm liking active pickups.

Then swap out your pickups? I think it's a lot safer and the Ibanez is a lot nicer than a Bolton LP.
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
I have a Hondo strat copy, but it's about 20 years old and the company have changed hands a few times now I think. I looked for ages to find info on the company, and some of it was conflicting. Reviews on Hondo guitars are a mixed bag, personally I think mine's a belter and would never sell it, but that's after new pickups and machineheads. You certainly won't see many other people playing Hondo's, but not sure I would trade in the Ibanez for it.
Quote by zephyrswan
I have a Hondo strat copy, but it's about 20 years old and the company have changed hands a few times now I think. I looked for ages to find info on the company, and some of it was conflicting. Reviews on Hondo guitars are a mixed bag, personally I think mine's a belter and would never sell it, but that's after new pickups and machineheads. You certainly won't see many other people playing Hondo's, but not sure I would trade in the Ibanez for it.

I also have a hondo strat copy. I love it. picked mine up for 90 bucks at a shop. I also have trouble finding info on it. all i know is that mine is from the mid 80's. The hondo strat copies generally get bad reviews, but the LP copies all seem to be awesome. I know that hondo and a bunch of other companies got sued because their copies were too close to gibson and fender. I heard that some of the LP copies came stock with Dimarzio pickups. then after the lawsuit the company sucked. I think if you have the extra money you should def get it. at worst, you will have a nice looking guitar that hardly anyone else has.
in the 70's hondo put out some of the best LP copies ever. but in the mid 80's the company turned to ****.
I'm gonna put some Dimarzio's in my strat copy
Hondo's are hit and miss...but it seems like me and the guy i quoted both like ours so...Go For It!