Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Neither.

My description of that would be, "Tacky," or "God-awful ugly."
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by p o e
Neither.

My description of that would be, "Tacky," or "God-awful ugly."

I tend to agree.

Also, there's absolutely nothing wrong w/ flowers on the ol' guitar IMO. Provided it doesn't make it look like *that*.

Editpocalypse:
Malmsteen is a stupid wank, but his strat looks mighty awesome. I'd go for that.
In the way of an all around good guitar, from jazz to hard rock, which would you suggest?

the JEM or the malmsteen?
Quote by Nickpocalypse
I tend to agree.

Also, there's absolutely nothing wrong w/ flowers on the ol' guitar IMO. Provided it doesn't make it look like *that*.

Editpocalypse:
Malmsteen is a stupid wank, but his strat looks mighty awesome. I'd go for that.

This.

Some flowers look great on a guitar, but those flowers, that layout, with those colors, if absolutely disgusting.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by starving_artist
In the way of an all around good guitar, from jazz to hard rock, which would you suggest?

the JEM or the malmsteen?

depends on the pick ups one the jem. But usually i'd go with the jem in this case

the yngiwie strats yjm pickups are lifeless single coils that are more like quite low output humbuckers
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Different strokes for different folks. Personally i'm not a fan but I could see how some people would like it.
Homo? Really? What are we, 12?

It looks like an old couch I had. Not my thing, but less gaudy than the neon swirl version.
ok...ill admit, homo was the wrong word to use.
anyways, i found a picture of the actual guitar i am looking at, but it wont upload, the only differences being the pickups and hardware and knobs are black instead of that pink color...

idk if that makes a difference or not...
fretboard = classy, rest of the guitar, especially pink pickups, knobs and logo = fugly
If you like classy, then the Schecter c-1 classic is for you. I'm sure it could do jazz and hard rock
My Gear:
Epiphone SG Special
Peavey Vypyr 75
Epiphone Hummingbird
Too flowery for my taste. It's not sexually attracted to a guitar of the same gender though, Im not sure where you got homo from.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Not exactly classy.

Are you really set on this or the Yngwie? I think there are Carvins your budget that might suit you better.
Im not really "set" on one or the other, but at the local guitar shop those were the two that caught my eye. and im not sure if i like the idea of buying a guitar that i havent played before.

but im 100% open to suggestions
I like them, but the Blue Floral Patterns are way classier looking IMO.
Maple fretboard + Blue vine = win.
EDIT: Any pics of the one in the store? I'd make sure to do lots of checks to see if its legit, JEMs get faked alot.
Last edited by littlephil at Jul 22, 2009,
Quote by Xomus101X
If you like classy, then the Schecter c-1 classic is for you. I'm sure it could do jazz and hard rock

I hate to agree with 09'ers, but This is a Valid Statement.
Im sure you've never played either and are going purely off of looks.
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
Quote by Mr.Pink101

Yeah, because join date means everything
Quote by starving_artist
i have played both actually, thats why those were the 2 i was asking about.

here is a link to the exact JEM i played...

http://davesguitar.com/ibanez/steve-vai-88-6817.asp

Definitely looks like the real thing.
it`s a jem and a rare one nowdays `cos alot of peeps ended up stripping them and getting custom paint jobs
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Jul 22, 2009,
Quote by Mr.Pink101

Schecter over a JEM and Malmsteen Strat??? Are you serious?

But to the TS...I would also look into that RG2550Z they're selling. It's extremely high quality and it's similar to the JEM. You get an AANJ, the Edge Zero, and subtle neck differences for half the price. It even comes with Dimarzios that are similar to the pickups that originally come with the Floral Print JEMs (that one has aftermarket pickups installed). It's also brand new compared to the used JEM. The only reason that Floral Print is so expensive is because it's a sig and it's a collector's guitar. Floral Prints are one of the most highly sought after JEMs. I haven't played an older JEM but I know that Ibanez's current sigs are the same quality as the Prestiges, which are higher quality than the regular MIJ guitars of the 80s and 90s. But I don't know where older JEMs fit into that equation. Try the RG2550Z out though, it's a better value and it's very similar. Plus the modern upgrades like the trem and AANJ make it great. I would take the JEM just to say I have one, but I would take the RG2550Z for its playability. And the RG looks much better in person, but the JEM still wins in that department.

And there's nothing really close to the Malmsteen Strat. So if you like it more, go for it. I would personally get the Ibanez over it because they'll be more versatile. You get humbucker and single coil tones. The Malmsteen pickups are also very different than other pickups so you may have a hard time achieving a lot of tones you may be looking for. It's a great guitar and if you like scalloped frets, go for it. Pickups can always be changed.

http://davesguitar.com/ibanez/prestige-rg-2550-6819.asp
I HATE THOSE IBANEZ HANDLES!
And the flowers don't help.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
its great lookin
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
I kind of like it. It reminds me of a tattoo. Is that the Malmsteen Strat on that site too? I'm a sucker for strats so I'd have a hard time choosing.
Quote by Mr.Pink101
I hate to agree with 09'ers,

says the 08'er? that's ridiculous.
the finish reminds me of the tacky wallpaper that was all over the house when i was very young. eventually my parents painted over that horrible stuff. it was like much of my early childhood happened in the '70s. how many 19 year olds these days can say that!
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
if you can make people weep with joy from the sheer beauty of your playing then maybe you could pull this off but besides that its really tacky
eew....

I remember a dude from a guitar store had one of them... it was feral.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by leech3
says the 08'er? that's ridiculous.

Says the 07'er? Honestly
Get off your high horses; join date doesn't mean anything. I've seen idiots who've been on this forum longer than some of the more trusted members and I've heard some great advice from some newer folks too.

Personally I think it takes a certain understanding of what was cool back in the 80s to appreciate a good JEM, particularly those with the original finishes. If you pride yourself on your ostentatious chops, your spandex and your unpretentious bravado, get the JEM.
The Malmsteen Strat's a very different beast; scalloped fretboard and low output hum-cancelling single coils. It's very specific to Yngwie, as well - it will work well if you go about achieving your tone the same way that he does, otherwise it's not an ideal shred guitar, in sound. Feel is another thing; the JEM has a now standard thin/wide/flat profile. The Malmsteen has more traditional Fender dimensions and, more importantly, a scalloped fretboard. Try it before you buy it and remember that it's well worth the short time it takes to get comfortable with a scalloped fretboard.

JEM=Quintessentially late 80s metal, in looks and feel.
Malmsteen=Very idiosyncratic but very good if the specs are to your taste.
Some guitars make it work with flowers, but with the pink pickups and the green inlays it looks retarded.
Gear:
Epiphone G400/L6 Spider III 15
Squier CV J-Bass/Acoustic B20
Misc. pedals

Currently saving for:
Acoustic B200

Funds:
$125/$350

Quote by m4l666
I play hard, like death metal hard