Hey guys. I just got an Epi Les Paul Prophecy EX back in April for my birthday, the sound is killer, and it plays awesome. The only problem I have is that it constantly goes out of tune. I read reviews and say the guitar holds tune for days. My guess is that the guitar is not intonated, but, I can't be so sure, because I can tune it, and it'll sound good, but it just drops constantly, especially after a solo with bends. Does anyone know what's wrong?
get new tuners? preferably grovers.
Quote by Le_Bunny
LE shoop? It must be rad. And yes, I see potential.

P.S. nobody google 'man train'.

Sounds like something wrong with your tuners. Take it to a tech or get new ones.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Are they new strings on your guitar? If so it will take time for them to stretch out and stay in tune.
Alright, I guess I better stringing it like that, then if THAT doesn't work, i'll take it to SIS or something. At least if I do that right, and I still take it in, I won't look like an idiot and have the guy tell me I don't know how to string properly. Or not do it and pay $50 for him to show me. Yeah, looks like i'm getting some new string tomorrows.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Are they new strings on your guitar? If so it will take time for them to stretch out and stay in tune.

No, they're not new, I changed them back in the beginning of May.
Alright for sure. I needed a solution. I guess that makes sense, I mean I would use a restringing technique where I go up and under, but this looks like it proves to be better. THat was really pissin' me off though, that it wouldn't stay in tune, especially during a show you know?
I would try new strings for sure, it should fix your problem.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.