I just bought a JCM 800, and it sounds amazing. I just want alittle more boost, currently i just have a Fish N Chips boosting it. (gonna upgrade to an old MXR 10 band soon) but im wanting an OD. The ones i've picked so far were:

YJM OD, Zakk Wylde OD OR Boss OD-1, and the Maxon

im mainly looking for a little bit more crunch/'gain.
The maxon is awsome.but if i had an 800 id just crank it! :p
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Quote by Carrionshine
I just bought a JCM 800, and it sounds amazing. I just want alittle more boost, currently i just have a Fish N Chips boosting it. (gonna upgrade to an old MXR 10 band soon) but im wanting an OD. The ones i've picked so far were:

YJM OD, Zakk Wylde OD OR Boss OD-1, and the Maxon

im mainly looking for a little bit more crunch/'gain.

The maxon is the best one out of these. The YJM is a boost lright but it the lack of a tone knob makes it really bright and harsh. the ZW OD is a modded Sd-1 but a poor one at that.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
well, i mean i have cranked it and sounds great... wonderful at that note.. but it needs a slight boost to play what i need it for. But i mean overall its by far one of the best amps ive ever played.

yeah ill def. check out the maxon thanks.
Quote by Carrionshine
well, i mean i have cranked it and sounds great... wonderful at that note.. but it needs a slight boost to play what i need it for. But i mean overall its by far one of the best amps ive ever played.

yeah ill def. check out the maxon thanks.

an od is always nice to have. Depending on which one you have and/or how you dial it you can use it for tightening up your sound, a simple boost, or add a light color texture to your tone.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
I vote for the YJM308. If it is too harsh for your liking, you can get a modded one at analogman. I have a stock one and love it but I really want to get a modded one.
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
mxr gt-od
fulltone ocd
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12