It's on my profile. It's called This City Is Burning. Tell me everything you can find wrong with it, so I can edit it before it goes on my music myspace.

I can't really tell how the sound quality it is so please tell me how it is (I was using my uncles speakers- temporarily- just until I can get my Rokit monitors)

So please crit! Thanks
Thats the best thing I've heard all day, I have to say thats some pertty good composing there. But some things wrong with it is the acoustic part in the intro, when it went to the distortion, was a bit rough, and at first I thought the distortion was too thin, till the lead came in, then it was like godly tone that fit together. Its not so much hardcore, its more like altertertive rock.

EDIT: btw, I'm adding that song
Last edited by ethan_hanus at Jul 22, 2009,
Quote by ethan_hanus
Thats the best thing I've heard all day, I have to say thats some pertty good composing there. But some things wrong with it is the acoustic part in the intro, when it went to the distortion, was a bit rough, and at first I thought the distortion was too thin, till the lead came in, then it was like godly tone that fit together. Its not so much hardcore, its more like altertertive rock.

EDIT: btw, I'm adding that song

haha i guess you're right, about the genre AND the intro. what do you suggest i do with the acoustic intro leading into the distorted one?

thanks
You could try letting the acoustic fade out then before you start the electric rythem hang a natural harmonic then come in with the electric, also one thing I didnt say before is the acoustic volume and the electric volume wernt balanced, so thats prolly why that transition seemed so rough.

Hope that helps
Try a ritardando (slow it down a bit) before you lead it into the distorted section... this will make things seem to flow a bit more.

Got some pretty good guitar riffs there, and a nice distorted tone to capture the mood of the piece.
I really like the high 'chorus' section (if it's chorus i'm not sure).

Really well recorded, prob best thing i've heard too (like second poster).

Build up at end sounded a bit like muse ;P

Any ideas on what vox are going to be on?

Keep it up!
AJ (argh, you're my age and can write much better songs!)

Plz can you comment on the midis on my profile page (so that they can be perfect for recording)
hahaa yeah i was thinking about slowing down the end of the introacoustic part or just delaying-echoing the last part of it and fading it.

but thanks a lot!

and i like your instrumental track. it has a pretty addictive bass line
Wow !!!
Very good track.
The clean parts are weaker....no, I should say not as strong as the distortion parts. Probably has to do with the sound you used (not too found of the reverb you used there). Maybe yo should try to play these parts with a real acoustic guitar.
The distortion parts are so energizing !!!
This is a very very good composition.
BRAVO

C4C :
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1166447
Last edited by belpat at Jul 22, 2009,
Pretty cool, the intro I agree needs a bit more "flow" to it, and maybe beef up the initial distortion track so it sounds a bit more rounded? then thin it out once the lead comes in...
The chorus-y breakdown is lovely, me likes tone is good.
Is it intended as an instrumental?
Cuz put some decent vocals over it and that is one AWESOME track, in my opinion.
Welcome to heaven! Here is your harp.

WELCOME TO HELL. HERE IS YOUR ACCORDION.
I liked it until the guitar came in, It was good just nothing really stood sounded like some so so riffs.

Whats your recording set up? I like your tone. It's not shitty
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
brilliant. just brilliant dude. i've loved every single one of your songs so far
nice man. great composing and playing. i cant think of anything to improve on. i was wishing there would be vocals though. honestly without them/ and or a story, this song sounds like allot of others ive heard today. its good. but without vocals its been done, you know. i'd love to hear this with lyrics.

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20880588#post20880588
That had some really great riffs. Only things I'd change are just a little less distortion, and also distort the power chords in the intro maybe. Also, c4c "experimental song" on my profile? Thanks.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!