Page 1 of 4
Source.

FFFFFUUUUUUUUU-

EDIT: Changed the title. It does appear to be a Warcraft movie, not specifically a WoW movie. I must've jumped the gun on that one. Sorry about the confusion.
Last edited by Samdroid at Jul 22, 2009,
another crappy movie from sam rami? shocking.

after the dungeon siege movie, i guess we should have seen this coming.
I have no opinion on this matter.
I despise Warcraft, but Raimi has a very schlocky and over the top approach to source material, so this might be at least somewhat interesting.
hahahaha look at all you people posting on this forum
Really?

...Seriously?

Do these people have no shame? Not only is it a horrible idea but the target audience has no social abilities, which will probably cause them to stay home and wait for an illegal download of it to show up so they don't have to get out of their seats and let their WoW accounts idle for more than 5 minutes.
I am twelve and Что это?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
I think the problem you're having is you're trying to apply logic to Christianity, a religion based on a cosmic zombie
Unsurprising.
Epiphone SG-G400.
Crate Flexwave 15W
Korg Toneworks Modeling Signal Processor AX3G
Quote by KingGohma
I despise Warcraft, but Raimi has a very schlocky and over the top approach to source material, so this might be at least somewhat interesting.

I think I might take your advice in your signature and punch you.
Perhaps you'll snap out of your sleepy state and notice that you're talking like a crazy person.
I am twelve and Что это?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
I think the problem you're having is you're trying to apply logic to Christianity, a religion based on a cosmic zombie
Didn't they do this with Runescape too?
ಠ_ಠ

Notice how I have not quoted anyone, you could be the first! Make me lol!

198th person with a llama in a sig!

I unfortunately witnessed The Night of The Pear II
Quote by xMetalGodx
Really?

...Seriously?

Do these people have no shame? Not only is it a horrible idea but the target audience has no social abilities, which will probably cause them to stay home and wait for an illegal download of it to show up so they don't have to get out of their seats and let their WoW accounts idle for more than 5 minutes.

Exactly what I was thinking.
This movie won't make a cent.
Quote by Zugunruhe
another crappy movie from sam rami? shocking.

after the dungeon siege movie, i guess we should have seen this coming.

He's practically the new Uwe Boll.
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
wow

icwutididther
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
I'll say here exactly what I said on Facebook: "Sam Raimi is making a Warcraft movie. Bad director+bad game=a bunch of idiotic nerds fueling this piece of crap movie."
Quote by Demon Wolf
wow

icwutididther

+1

Well done, good sir.
I am twelve and Что это?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
Quote by KingGohma

*Punches KingGohma*
Quote by xMetalGodx
I think I might take your advice in your signature and punch you.
Perhaps you'll snap out of your sleepy state and notice that you're talking like a crazy person.

The Evil Dead series and Drag Me To Hell are excellent for what they are. Schlock. And the Spider-man films are as good as what the source material allows.

He isn't a good match for some sort of fantasy franchise (I know little about Warcrafts story, forgive me) but if he makes it darkly humourous it'd be an interesting take.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
I'll say here exactly what I said on Facebook: "Sam Raimi is making a Warcraft movie. Bad director+bad game=a bunch of idiotic nerds fueling this piece of crap movie."

how could this movie be crap? it will be just like lord of the rings, except without the character development, complex underlying themes, or plot.

sounds perfect to me.
Why haven't they made a legend of Zelda movie yet??

EDIT: and WHY must they insist picking up games for movies that have ABSOLUTELY NO PLOT

Mario Bros, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, all games without any story at all.

A movie version of a video game with a plot has yet to be made.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jul 22, 2009,
Quote by Zugunruhe
how could this movie be crap? it will be just like lord of the rings, except without the character development, complex underlying themes, or plot.

sounds perfect to me.

You seem to miss the point of having no self-respect or dignity.
I am twelve and Что это?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
all the geeks are having orgasms right now
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by Zugunruhe

sounds perfect to me.

That whole statement is even worse because I hate Lord Of The Rings!
Quote by CoreysMonster

Probably because the person chosen to create the movie would totally **** it up and ruin Zelda for the rest of history. It's a growing trend in the movie industry.
I am twelve and Что это?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
Quote by CoreysMonster

EDIT: and WHY must they insist picking up games for movies that have ABSOLUTELY NO PLOT

i want a Zelda and a Metroid movie NOW!
Quote by CoreysMonster

There is a trailer for one. It isn't very good.

And you forgot the Tekken movie they are making. Although that might be awesome because the character of Steve Fox is in the movie. He is by far the coolest person in any fighting game.
the zelda trailer was igns aprils fools joke, however.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by TheReverend724

Video games are best left as games. Even with a plot, turning great games in to movies is just asking for big movie blunders. Nobody seems to be able to do it properly.

and although its not a video game, look what they did to DBZ. That movie was... I don't even know how to describe how horrible it was.
I am twelve and Что это?

Quote by Dopey_Trout
Quote by Demon Wolf
the zelda trailer was igns aprils fools joke, however.

Yeah, but people thought it was real for some time afterwards. Even I was a little worried considering most video game based movies look that bad.
Quote by TheReverend724

metroid would probably be really good, although there arent any supporting characters. samus would just have to talk to herself the whole time.

i think zelda would have the same problem.

still, id watch either of those before a WOW movie.
A Zelda film would instantly suck because Link would have to talk.
Quote by GuitarGod_92
There is a trailer for one. It isn't very good.

And you forgot the Tekken movie they are making. Although that might be awesome because the character of Steve Fox is in the movie. He is by far the coolest person in any fighting game.

I was really excited when I heard about that, but then I read about it and there was no mention of King being in the movie. I was royally fucked off.
Quote by KingGohma
A Zelda film would instantly suck because Link would have to talk.

not necessarily, the character would just require awesome acting.
Quote by xMetalGodx
Really?

...Seriously?

The funny thing is that stereotype of WoW players is a damned accurate generalization. These people fiend that **** something fierce, like meth or heroin, if not speedball.
The sad thing is that mass scale drug abuse is a more productive past time. At least they would be out in the world, socializing with real people, and learning a few things about economics, mainly supply and demand.
Quote by CoreysMonster
not necessarily, the character would just require awesome acting.

Hollywood would never accept a slient protagonist. He would be reimagined as some sort of wisecracking smartass, I guarantee it.
Quote by KingGohma
Hollywood would never accept a slient protagonist. He would be reimagined as some sort of wisecracking smartass, I guarantee it.

wel excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, Gohma!
Quote by KingGohma

Well excuuuuuuuuse me, princess.

Edit:
Quote by CoreysMonster
wel excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, Gohma!

Damn you!

GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Last edited by M.O.P at Jul 22, 2009,
Quote by huevos
The funny thing is that stereotype of WoW players is a damned accurate generalization. These people fiend that **** something fierce, like meth or heroin, if not speedball.
The sad thing is that mass scale drug abuse is a more productive past time. At least they would be out in the world, socializing with real people, and learning a few things about economics, mainly supply and demand.

....ya lost me.

you cant die from an overdose of WOW. and are drug addicts really the people you want to be out in the world socializing with? not to mention that drugs are way more expensive. and you cant go to prison for WOW.
Quote by RPGoof
They need to make a Pong movie.

I imagine that would be quite awesome if you were high. And on a slightly darker note they are actually making movies based on Asteroids, Candy Land, Monopoly, and yet another Resident Evil movie. Maybe the RE movie would be good if they follow the games. I don't want another one with Alice, Milla Jovovich is butt ugly.
Page 1 of 4