well im trying to get a sound a bit like NFG/Green day that suits playing stuff like the ramones aswell.Its just im not sure on how to set up the amp as im still pretty green to setting up the amps and i just got an amp a couple of weeks ago and wouldnt mind a more definative direction in how i setup the amp :P

My gear setup is an Aria IGB-35 and a Laney RB1 (Amp knobs:gain,bass,mid,treb)(also has compressor which makes the sound slightly diffrent and a little tighter at high gain).

As im not sure where to post this i thought i would make a new topic, just want a good setup thats good for jamming along to this type of music as its bout the only kind i play right now along with a bit of Franz Ferdinand,Feeder Ash and The hives.

Also cheers for anyone that helps me in the right direction
Both pickups up full on your bass, and boost the gain and mids (but not to extremes!) a little bit and play with a pick. That should get you somewhere, but to get the ideal punk sound you need a P bass and an Ampeg stack.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by fleajr_1412
Both pickups up full on your bass, and boost the gain and mids (but not to extremes!) a little bit and play with a pick. That should get you somewhere, but to get the ideal punk sound you need a P bass and an Ampeg stack.

I know that Tech 21 has an SVT emulation pedal thingy (not clued up on the exact name).

Was looking at a Squire P-Bass anyway cause its design is striking and it looks the part and fits in well and is akin to Chris #2's in Anti Flag (white body/black scratchplate).

So that might be the direction i will head in for the time being and it will get me by for now but i'll need to hold of till octoberish.
Play near the neck.
I don't know what I'm doing, but I still do it anyway...

Just for the lulz.
Quote by Mr. Saturn
cut mids, boost treble and bass

not really
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by Mr. Saturn
cut mids, boost treble and bass

nah, not for pop-punk; perhaps for pop-hardcore type deals.

ts, you can really use any sound for pop-punk, that's the great part of it. if you like the sound of the sansamp, perhaps you could give it a go?
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....