can i use these strings in standard tuning? i see some reviews on web sites saying that some of the strings broke while re-stringing and some people say theyre awesome and had no problem. has anyone here done this?
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Standard Stratocaster (JB Junior in Bridge Position)
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack
Peavey TransTube Rage 158
i used to use them in standard all the time. i ended up switching to power slinkys, but while i used the sthb they served me well
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
no not the hybrids. the strings in the orange-red package, not the bright orange.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Junior
Standard Stratocaster (JB Junior in Bridge Position)
Peavey Raptor Plus Exp

Amps:
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack
Peavey TransTube Rage 158
yeah they'll be fine for standard tuning, go ahead and get some. they are great for drop tunings though, perfect.
got some on atm, in drop C though, depends on scale length and stuff, but yeah i can play mine in standard if i want to... strings are all good, gotta love Ernie Ball strings...
Quote by thanksgiving

One time my girlfriends mum was showing me a picture of her brother blowing out a birthday cake and I laughed cause he had a funny look on his face like he blew too hard.

Turns out he has Downs Syndrome.
yes they are fine for standard tuning. 12's can get in standard so they definitely can, im using them now aswell.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
I personally hate Ernie Ball's i've tried them many times and they've either corroded within a week or broke right out of the package... I'm more of a Dunlop guy. I've used the Zakk Wylde 10 - 46s for 2 years now and have never broken one despite tuning from Standard to Drop C. That's just me... tons of people swear by EB's though.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
they are fine for all tunings dude, go fro it
though from my experiance ernie ball strings dont last as long as dunlop or dadderio
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Theyr great for standard, I used to use them on my 25.5" scale ibanez in E standard, drop D and drop b on low 3 / standard on high 3. I've just gone back to daddario recently tho and probs wont be going back any time soon, forgot how good they sound/feel and theyr cheaper.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by Harvesterofsrrw
they are fine for all tunings dude, go fro it
though from my experiance ernie ball strings dont last as long as dunlop or dadderio

You're serious? Daddarios feel bad in about 3 days, EB's last for weeks.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
i use them in standard and everything is good
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Yeah, they're great.

D'Addario makes practically the same strings by the way, you might want to check them out. They're the EXL140 Light Top/Heavy Bottom's.
Last edited by Mitchell? at Jul 22, 2009,