i've been looking at buying a new guitar and have narrowed it down to a few guitars that i believe to meet my standard. im looking to spend around $1000 and these guitars vary on this price. the elements of a guitar that i have marked as required include: (original) floyd rose, emg pick ups, super strat body and 24 frets. the guitars that i have found are the:

schecter hellraiser c1-fr

http://www.instrumentpro.com/P-SCHHELLC1FR.html

esp ltd mh 1000 fr

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/...EMGs?sku=512954

dean dc6 floyd

http://www.beatstreetmusic.net/prod...0a811f13682623e

i like elements of each of the guitars but each have their drawbacks such as:

the mh 1000 doesnt have an original floyd rose but a 1000 series tremelo

the dc6 has a bolt on neck

and im not so keen on the head of the c1-fr

so my question is does anyone know anything about these guitars, own one of these and can tell me about it, if they are worth their dollar and what their drawbacks and advantages are. OR if there is another guitar around this price range that meets the requirements.

thanks in advance!
ESP LTD MH 1000 Deluxe FR
Ibanez IC400
J&D JD-LC2 (w EMG 81s)
Epiphone VeeWee
Ashton Steel String
Fender Strat (hated)
Line 6 Pod X3 & FBV Express
ENGL Invader 150w

For Sale
Line 6 Pod 2
Boss GT-8
Randall RG75 G2 75W 1X12"
Floyd's take a hell of alot of work if you don't know. The schecter wins.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Your links are broken, but I have a Schecter and it's phenominal. Dean's arent quite the construction quality they used to be, IMO, and I actually don't like the the LTD brand. Poorer quality. Schecter is the way to go. Their quality is nothing less than top notch, even on their lower end units. The new Hellraiser also has a push/pull coil tap that lets you switch from dual to single for more versatility.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Last edited by HardAttack at Jul 22, 2009,
schecter hands down. trust me on it. ive played the hellraiser and its amazing. great versatility, the neck is a bit beefer then esp, but thats how i like it. its like a strat neck, rather then an ibanez neck. great sound, inlays are awesome haha. good sustain, etc etc
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Quote by xMetalCoreKingx
Sounds to me like you want a Carvin USA custom shop guitar.
https://www.carvinguitars.com/catalog/guitars/index.php?model=st300
I guarantee you it will be better than any Dean or Shecter or LTD you've ever played.

...Yes because their are no guitars that come with a floyd rose, emg active pickups, super strat body and 24 frets at all that are under $1000usd.

ts go and check out the Michael Kelly Hex Deluxe they've now changed to Rockfield actives but if you can find a previous years model they came with EMG actives. Also check out the BC Rich ASM Pro it meets all your requirements.
Don't worry too much about the EMGs since you don't really have an amp to take advantage of them. You'll get all the negatives associated with actives but none of the positives if you're using a solid state amp. I would also check out some Prestige Ibanezes. The only ones in your price range are the RG1550M and RG1570 unless you go used. Look into Jackson too. I'm not sure if they come with OFRs in your price range though. You can always install actives when you get a tube amp so don't let that be the deciding factor.
1. All 3 guitars have a chinese OFR, so dont worry about that.
2. EEEW, EMG pickups
3. Schecter and dean suck imo. I've seen many terrific Schecters, but I've seen some examples to be very very very very very very ashamed of. What they all have is that sticky finish that i dont like. If you sweat alot, expect a tough playability if you go schecter.
4.Buy used, you can get alot better for 1000$ (Music man luke for example?) http://cgi.ebay.com/Earnie-Ball-Music-Man-Luke-Black_W0QQitemZ110415347952QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item19b54480f0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1205|293%3A1|294%3A50

but if it has to be out of these three, i'd definatly take the LTD
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Jul 22, 2009,
the Schecter wins. But try out the C-1 Blackjack ATX instead of the Hellraiser. It has a smoother neck, a non-sticky finish and Seymour Duncan Blackouts which imo are better than EMG's
Whats with all the schecter fanboys? Are you serious? A schecter over a LTD deluxe series? Come on! Not in a thousand years, for Christ's sake.

And no, I am absolutely no LTD fanboy. If there's one brand you could say I'm a huge fan of, it's Jackson.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
Whats with all the schecter fanboys? Are you serious? A schecter over a LTD deluxe series? Come on! Not in a thousand years, for Christ's sake.

He just bought a Schecter...
Quote by azn_guitarist25
He just bought a Schecter...

*EDIT*
how do you know?
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
THere is only 1 problem. The TS is rcsierra, not Aditya_ram
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
ok im really confused. am i the Schecter Fanboy or someone else ?
Anyway i bought the Schecter for a reason, because i felt it was better than the ESP. Don't agree if you don't want to man.
Get an Ibanez for less and spend the rest on booze.
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
Quote by Aditya_ram
ok im really confused. am i the Schecter Fanboy or someone else ?
Anyway i bought the Schecter for a reason, because i felt it was better than the ESP. Don't agree if you don't want to man.

No it's not personal to you. My rant was to anybody who suggests the schecter. They are definatly inferior regarding quality alone. The rest is preference and thus not open for discussion.

TS: really look into second hand music man guitars, or maybe even a ESP horizon
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl