Using the same scales as he uses isnt going to make you sound like him, Millions of other people use the same scales.

Read the theory articles on this site, then you wont have to ask.
^State the obvious, he's phrasing is great, I know I wont sound like him, I just wanted to know what scale he uses?
Quote by griffRG7321
Using the same scales as he uses isnt going to make you sound like him, Millions of other people use the same scales.

Read the theory articles on this site, then you wont have to ask.

Lol what a twat, i was looking for the same thing. I knew he used major and minor just would be nice to know some of the blues scales and variations he uses like on black magic woman. Guess its too much to ask from assholes =P
Quote by Scourgy
Lol what a twat, i was looking for the same thing. I knew he used major and minor just would be nice to know some of the blues scales and variations he uses like on black magic woman. Guess its too much to ask from assholes =P

-Major
-Minor
-Major Pentatonic
-Minor Pentatonic
-Blues scale

Judging from a quick look at his wiki page, I'd say he uses the last two the most, with accidentals, of course. But the best way is to learn his songs and see what he is doing, especially since those five scale is used nearly everywhere by just about everyone.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
When you have major and minor scales, and add accidentals, you have access to all 12 notes. For this reason, coupled with the fact that 99.99999% of songs are in a major or minor key, the answer to the "what scale does x use?" will almost always be what is given above.

So it may be obvious, but it's the correct answer. The only thing missing is your sense of musicianship/experimentation to find combinations of notes that you like.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by Scourgy
Many thanks for thy post my good sir, one was looking for thy same thing. One knew he used major, minor and blues scales much like thou makes use of in thy song 'black magic lady'. One guesses he shallt assimilate ones efforts into musical analysis of said Peter Green and develop ones understanding of tonal theory.

Translation.
Quote by Led Zeppelin45
Does anyone know what scale/scales Peter Green uses.

Cheers

Everything I've heard him do was with pentatonic and/or blues scales. Major & minor of each.
shred is gaudy music