I started writing this about 2 days ago, right after I got the idea for the intro during one of my house/jam sessions (medical drama + guitar = birthplace of all musical epiphanies).
So far, its gotten to the start of the first chorus, but I wanted to see what you guys thought of it so far.

Ok, so its done
not much new material from where the first draft left off, but now its a complete song

Clicky
Last edited by sporkman7 at Aug 20, 2009,
Intros kind of cool u added a bit of a twist on that standard clean thing (ive heard that basic idea a lot of times just not done like that)

The guitar in the program has a really wierd effect i cant quite put my finger on it its almost like its fading in and out. Id get rid of that on the GP doesnt work.

Overall, Im not a prog metal guy. Its not bad or anything but i honestly couldn't see myself gettin into this. You use some rather unappealing harmonies but maybe thats part of the prog style i dont know

thats my 2 cents

thanks for the crit
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
Quote by British_Steal
Intros kind of cool u added a bit of a twist on that standard clean thing (ive heard that basic idea a lot of times just not done like that)

The guitar in the program has a really wierd effect i cant quite put my finger on it its almost like its fading in and out. Id get rid of that on the GP doesnt work.

Overall, Im not a prog metal guy. Its not bad or anything but i honestly couldn't see myself gettin into this. You use some rather unappealing harmonies but maybe thats part of the prog style i dont know

thats my 2 cents

thanks for the crit

ah thanks dude

yea that fading sound is some weird effect it makes when there are more than one instruments of the same kind playing the same thing
wow, I really like this...

if it was a real song and the vocals were cool, this is definitely something I would listen to a lot (at least from what I hear so far)

to me it has something that's not your standard stuff, but not in a way that it sounds weird, which I thing is a great thing to accomplish..

not really much I can say to give you any constructive criticism, just that I would really like to hear it when it's finished

could you let me know when you finish it/add more to it? I'd be happy to crit along the way of the making process
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; man got to tell himself he understand.

I really loved the intro. It's the type of Acoustic thing I've been trying to write forever. At the end of though, have the drums come back in for with something powerful so you can lead into a really powerful chorus. It has potential and would love to see this finished. Add me and PM me once it's done?

Also, C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1167171