In songs where a palm muted riff is followed by a bunch of individual notes (ie COB- Everytime I Die intro) when I lift off the low E, the sound keeps on and muddies up the lead bits. If I mute the E with my palm and play, the pick sort of snags on the strings and prevents me from playing properly. How can I fix this?
practice lifting off.
It could just be the angle you are lifting off from
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Hold your pick at more of an angle so it 'cuts' through the string rather than plucking it which could cause it to snag.
Assuming I understand what you mean.
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
I mean, when you pull off you are making string noise so practice pulling off without doing that :P

The angle you are pulling off at could be all it is, or maybe you're not pulling off fast enough.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Quote by Solid S/hit
Hold your pick at more of an angle so it 'cuts' through the string rather than plucking it which could cause it to snag.
Assuming I understand what you mean.

seems to be working. thanks. Now to prevent to pick from slipping.....
its just a practice thing, the more you play the more you're gonna pick up on the technique needed to play it clearly. also, he had $100000 dollars of recording equpitment and years of practice so dont be dissapointed if you cant sound exactly like the song.
Stay thirsty my friends...

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Bugera 333XL
ISP Decimator

Quote by thewho68
This thread is as of much use as Anne Frank's drumset.
what i do for riffs like that is lean my wrist back slightly so I'm still palm muting the low string, but the rest of the strings are left un muted. works for me.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
what i do for riffs like that is lean my wrist back slightly so I'm still palm muting the low string, but the rest of the strings are left un muted. works for me.

Thanks....seems to be working...
Quote by randomhero93

+1. Actually, I always hold my palm on the lower strings when I'm playing the higher strings. And if I'm playing the 2nd string, I also mute the 1st string with my left hand. This all prevents different strings to start resonating, and even reduces the effect when you accidentally pick the wrong string as well.