I recently obtained this guitar from a friend of mine and I can't find any information about it online. I can find acoustic guitars that have this name, but nothing remotely like it.

Basically, I'm hoping somewhere here can provide some information about the guitar such as if it's remotely valuable or rare (especially considering the tuners and the bridge pickup are not stock), or when it was manufactured. It says Made In Korea on the back. Any information is appreciated!
Exactly, I couldn't find anything anywhere but from the guy my friend got it from and I know he usually doesn't know what he's talking about.
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Ovation Celebrity is a pretty common guitar actually. Did you go to their web site? I own one myself- pretty sweet guitar. Slides off your leg sitting down somtimes but it's still nifty.

Indeed I have, did you look at the picture I linked to though?
i have something similar (sorry, no pics, and camera seems to be misplaced!) but it's HSS pickup config with a coil split at the bridge. i don't think they are worth that much really - quite rare, but not really anything special enough to have any sort of vintage value. i could be wrong, though.

edit: this is the same model as mine - except mine is a darker red colour - a little darker than yours

i think they were made briefly in the late '80s and early '90s (from about 1989 till 1991 or something)
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Jul 22, 2009,
Thank you sir. So I should not feel bad if I were to just use the neck on my project guitar?