I've just found out that one of my best mates has lost his brother in Afghanistan. He was a really great guy and my mate looked up to him so much. I'm pretty bummed out and I'd only met him a few times.
Have any of you or your mates lost anyone in a war?
hello
When I read the title, for a second, I merely thought he had lost him at the mall or something and couldn't find him

RIP man
If the war against pigheaded bulldozing speeding 4WD drivers counts, then yes.

Condolences to your friend. It will be hard for a very long time. Unless he can perfect some kind of numbness, it won't ever stop being hard.
He likes Keats but she's into Yeats - it's a matter of Romance

E-Mistress to UG's Finest Gentleman

Come away, oh human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand;
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
Last edited by miss_muso~ at Jul 22, 2009,
My friend lost her dad in the Nimrod crash a few years back, came as such a shock because almost everyone on board the plane lived in the same town.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
im really sorry to hear that man, just make sure youre there for your friend if he needs it. you should help him find a way to channel this sorrow like writing a song or something.
Stay thirsty my friends...

Jackson DXMG Dinky
Bugera 333XL
ISP Decimator

Quote by thewho68
This thread is as of much use as Anne Frank's drumset.
RIP

wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
I lost a friend of a friend in the war. I didn't know him personally, but he was a pretty amazing person, and all my friends that did know him went through a minor depression for about a month when they found out.
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
My grandad lost all his family bar 1 sister in the Holocaust. He managed to survive Auschwitz though! That's a story for later
No, but I remember in a 'Most Moving Photo' thread some guy posted two pictures.

In the first one, a teenager in tears is hugging his older brother who is in military uniform, obviously about to be deployed.

In the second one, the same teenager is in a suit, leaning forward to kiss a coffin...

Had a really big impact on me. I still think about those two pictures a lot.
I just read your sig, he was a colonel? Because that's a high rank, you might mean corporal mate, with all due respect.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I just read your sig, he was a colonel? Because that's a high rank, you might mean corporal mate, with all due respect.

That's the one. Thanks.
hello
I think I saw him in the news. Was he the bomb expert?

Either way it's very sad
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by isabiggles
I think I saw him in the news. Was he the bomb expert?

Either way it's very sad

He was yeah. Really talented guy.
hello
My condole... however you spell it.

RIP
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by opc100
He was yeah. Really talented guy.

It's depressing seeing it in the news almost everyday. This sort of thing reminds you that these people dying had friends and family, not just another number

Hope your friend copes with it well.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Yes, I've lost a friend as well... RIP Peter Cross.

RIP to your friend

Quote by Night_Lights
No, but I remember in a 'Most Moving Photo' thread some guy posted two pictures.

In the first one, a teenager in tears is hugging his older brother who is in military uniform, obviously about to be deployed.

In the second one, the same teenager is in a suit, leaning forward to kiss a coffin...

Had a really big impact on me. I still think about those two pictures a lot.

Those pictures had a big impact on me too, and Im glad you still think about them... I think people forget sometimes, and it's a shame.
My God, it's full of stars!