link
it's the musicians friend stupid deal of the day today, and if i can get a 25' cable for $10 then i don't want to pass it up. so will it work as a guitar cable? or only as a speaker cable?
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Don't see why it wouldn't.
Guitar amp speaker cables are just higher gauge cables anyway, and that doesn't exactly look like an amp speaker cable.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Pretty sure it wouldn't. I know you can't use guitar cables for speakers, so I assume it's vice versa.

80th best UGer
Quote by mustangrobert13
Pretty sure it wouldn't. I know you can't use guitar cables for speakers, so I assume it's vice versa.

That's only because a guitar cable has too much resistance isn't it, so you put strain on the power amp. Mums boyfriend used a guitar cable for a speaker cable for ages, sounded like crap and put too much load on the amp, but it worked.

And as they're basically just a jack and some cable, there's not much to go wrong.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Well a guitar cable is shielded a speaker cable isnt. So in this case it would be like connecting a 25' antenna between your guitar and amp or pedals. Would it actually work yes you would be able to hear your guitar. But it wouldnt sound so good, and would pick up lots of things you dont want amplified.