hey ug,
i've mostly been playing the rhythm part of songs that i've learnt and i dont feel like i've learnt much lead lines.
i've learnt some before : gunslinger solo, warmness on the soul, say goodnight solos, beast and the harlot intro and chorus and a few more. But i dont know, they seem a bit of breeze and i dont feel like i've accomplished anything when i've learn them..........
so could you guys suggest some songs with lead lines that are pretty cool and aren't much of a breeze? ................... i've been playing for about a year and a half and i can tap, pick fastish, legato slightly and a few more techniques. i can sweep pick slightly but it sounds scruffy as hell.
so any songs?

thanks in advance sorry if i made no sense and if the thread is in the wrong place.

EDIT: i'm open to any suggestions/genres
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Hey man, you mentioned playing the lead of Beast and The Harlot seeing as youv'e heard of A7X I would suggests Blinded In Chains. I usually learn songs by Bullet For My Valentine, they're incredibly addictive to play and sound epic so you could try a few of them aswell.

For your rhythm playing I would suggest any song of the Thrash Metal genre these are great for building up alternate picking speed also.

Hope I've helped.
Quote by Sam-Harrison
Hey man, you mentioned playing the lead of Beast and The Harlot seeing as youv'e heard of A7X I would suggests Blinded In Chains. I usually learn songs by Bullet For My Valentine, they're incredibly addictive to play and sound epic so you could try a few of them aswell.

For your rhythm playing I would suggest any song of the Thrash Metal genre these are great for building up alternate picking speed also.

Hope I've helped.

yeah i'll have a go at blinded in chains (havent listened to that in a long time) I've played a few bullet songs waking the demon, scream aim fire, hearts burst into fire, say goodnight, tears dont fall, suffocating under words of sorrow.

i used to play some thrash metal , i'll probably learn some more metallica to help with my rhythm

thanks
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Metallica's great for learning solos too - I'd start with Nothing Else Matters, then try Fade to Black and Enter Sandman
I'd suggest Nocturnal Rites- New World Messiah... the whole album. This guy plays with such class its actually incredible, and his rhythm kicks too. What I'd suggest is not thinking that this is a breeze as such, because if you can effectively simulate this feel, then you will have arrived as musician.