My price range is around £250-300, i mostly play Metal and play in a metal band, i need a good amp to Gig and record with.

I was looking at the "Line 6 Flextone XL" but i'm not really sure, i want the best i can get for my money.

Thanks
Well you could get a Roland Cube 30x, but gigging you'll be a one legged man in an ass kicking contest, especially if you can't hook up to a PA system. Recording is a different story, but even then you still might want something of a better quality.

If you're going to gig, save up more, $300 isn't going to get you much, even though usually crowds could give two ****s about tone they like loudness. Maybe used you could get a Valveking 112 for a little over your budget.

Oh, and if you're budget is 250-300, isn't the Flextone a little out of your budget? Unless you're going used.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
Quote by TheJem

Oh, and if you're budget is 250-300, isn't the Flextone a little out of your budget? Unless you're going used.

Pounds, not dollars.

Amps to look at (possibly used):
Bugera 333xl
Bugera 62**
Line 6 Flextone
Peavey Vypyr Tube
Blackstar HT-5 (if all your gigs will have a PA)
Used peaveys (5150, xxx?)
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Try to score some used Peavey's (XXX, 5150, etc.)

If you can't, then maybe a Valveking, or basically anything what the guy above me said.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
i was also wondering about the Spider 3... but from what i've seen on the forums they're not too popular
Quote by xAbyssusx
i was also wondering about the Spider 3... but from what i've seen on the forums they're not too popular

Try one out, people here tend to hate on amps they've never tried, and what's important is if you like it or not. It's widely criticized here for having a "digital" sound. I tried one out and didn't like it, but that's another story.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Robino_Ibanez
Pounds, not dollars.

Amps to look at (possibly used):
Bugera 333xl
Bugera 62**
Line 6 Flextone
Peavey Vypyr Tube
Blackstar HT-5 (if all your gigs will have a PA)
Used peaveys (5150, xxx?)

Bah, all these forms of currency confuse Jem. Jem not pleased, even though Jem digs living outside the U.S.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
Hmmm i've lowered it down to two now...

Line 6 Flextone and the Spider 3

Mmm what are your opinions?
What? Why is the spider even in the picture? It's a terrible amp. You should try the flextone and some of the other amps I suggested, and troll your craigslist for a used Peavey 5150 or XXX.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20