Hey everyone,

Just got some of the new 2009 Limited Edition Schecters in at work and we noticed that our Avenger Apocalypse model isn't exactly as advertised. The inlays on the neck are shown as being the gears and gas mask at the 12th fret...but ours is simply the basic hellraiser cross inlays in a rusty bronze finish instead. Wondering if anyone else has seen something like this or had a story about getting some "super duper limited edition" that wasn't quite what was advertised. We're keeping it regardless as it still looks beautiful (and was limited to 100 models!!), but we're wondering why it varies like this. Our C-1 Propaganda was spot on though, fantastic detail on the graphic finish of that guitar.

I would post pics if I could but I forgot my digi cam at home this morning
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6
Other than the inlays it's the Avenger Apocalypse, and we've checked the serial number, it's in the limited batch of 100, this one is #21. Maybe the first 25 or 50 had the cross ones, then they changed it.
Gear:
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
Called Schecter up yet to see what they've said? Slightly gay that you didn't get the gears and gas mask inlay.
Is a special edition of a special edition, so it looks like normal
JK xD, you should contact whoever gave you the guitars
My gear:
-LTD EC401VF DMZ LD
-Ormsby Run 3 Hype GTR
-Yamaha C40M
We didn't hear back from our rep yet, but according to the serial # it's from the first batch,so my guess is they started with the cross inlays, then altered it...but yeah kinda lame they didn't really notify people first...I mean it still looks good and we're hanging onto it, but false advertising to the max. (the gas masks and cogs are cooler for the rest of the look of the guitar, no question)
Gear:
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
Will take some tomorrow at work, promise
Gear:
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
Quote by XianXiuHong
Awesome, thanks.

I heard on the net once that Schecter did different stuff to their guitars for each dealer or something like that.

Could be a Canada vs. U.S. thing, but these are in the first batch of 100 according to the serial # so we'll wait to hear back.

My Hellraiser also had a very different finish from the one pictured when I got it...it's like a hybrid quilt/flame top, like someone took a hair dryer to it...looks like lava vs a straight quilt top from the 2007 catalogue photos. Here's some pics of mine:

I almost prefer this to the standard quilt top that was advertised anyways
Gear:
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
Quote by Demon_dave
Could be a Canada vs. U.S. thing, but these are in the first batch of 100 according to the serial # so we'll wait to hear back.

My Hellraiser also had a very different finish from the one pictured when I got it...it's like a hybrid quilt/flame top, like someone took a hair dryer to it...looks like lava vs a straight quilt top from the 2007 catalogue photos. Here's some pics of mine:

*Drools*

I was thinking of getting a C7 Hellraiser, I played the string thru version and didn't like it so much, the sound was good but the feel wasn't (I don't really like the feel string thru guitars at all) how does the Floyd version compare to it?
Just a quick heads up guys, I'm at work and just took some pics of the Avenger Apocalypse, so I'll post them tonight when I get home. Sorry to keep you waiting, there's no card reader here at work on the comp
Gear:
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
Quote by Demon_dave
Just a quick heads up guys, I'm at work and just took some pics of the Avenger Apocalypse, so I'll post them tonight when I get home. Sorry to keep you waiting, there's no card reader here at work on the comp

Awesome, I can look at them when I wake up!
Ok folks, here are the pics of our Avenger Apocalypse:

so there you have it...cross inlays instead of what it's supposed to have, which is this (note schecter's website is flash, so I can't pull the image off of their site, but here's another store which has one with the proper inlays):

Gear:
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
Quote by Demon_dave

so there you have it...cross inlays instead of what it's supposed to have, which is this (note schecter's website is flash, so I can't pull the image off of their site, but here's another store which has one with the proper inlays):

That's ****ing gorgeous!!!!

In my opinion, the ones you guys got with the gold cross inlays look better than the other ones, the other ones look a bit messy and random to me.
looks nice with both inlays. In the end, it might be worth more because it's

1) defective/mistake
2) A super rare guitar version of a super rare guitar.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
crosses>gears
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
As long as it plays the same its all good. I like the gold cross inlays alot, I was never a fan of the gas mask stuff anyways.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Quote by Demon_dave

its really sad that you guys gotta stock MG's...
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
You guys got duped. I wonder if some store is going to get a hellraiser guitar with gears and gas mask inlays instead of the crosses.
Quote by randomhero93
its really sad that you guys gotta stock MG's...

It'd be nice to stock only tube/high gain/high end amps...but who's gonna buy them all? You've gotta cater to just about every corner of the market...and those new analog circuitry MG's don't sound half bad compared to the old MG and MGDFX models. Those amps for the price still sell like crazy. I'd like to see you run a store where you only stocked boutique stuff and see how you did in a suburban market.
Gear:
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
I think sumtimes schecter do change their specs and we dunno bout it. e.g. The Loomis 7 Fixed Bridge used to be Spretzel tuners (even in loomis vid he said so) and now it became grover tuners. Also the Hellraiser C1 FR's picture has bindin in front but thats onli if made after 2008, mines a 2007 model so onli side binding (which is sumwat better lookin to me)
Quote by Demon_dave
It'd be nice to stock only tube/high gain/high end amps...but who's gonna buy them all? You've gotta cater to just about every corner of the market...and those new analog circuitry MG's don't sound half bad compared to the old MG and MGDFX models. Those amps for the price still sell like crazy. I'd like to see you run a store where you only stocked boutique stuff and see how you did in a suburban market.

well, if i were to run a store, i'd probably hide the MG's and the Line 6 Spider 3's and only take them out if asked for.
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by Demon_dave

My Hellraiser Avenger looks like this too and IMO it looks better than a perfect maple top.
Hey guys- I just picked up my C-1 apocalypse And love it!! question to OP. How could you tell what # the guitar is out of the 100 by the serial?? Thanks!