Poll: Would you buy a guitar off Ebay?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you buy a guitar off Ebay?
Yes
28 50%
No
7 13%
Depends on ...
21 38%
Voters: 56.
Would you buy a €650 guitar for €250 off ebay, without second thoughts? (100% positive feedback). (for example by last moment bidding)

Also feel free to share your experiences with buying guitars off Ebay.
It depends on the guitar, the seller, and the provided pictures.

For example, fake Gibsons are all over eBay. You just have to know what to look for.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
I bought my Jackson DXMG from ebay cost me £250 plus £50 posting etc

I had no problems what so ever. The seller packaged the guitar properly and made sure it was safe etc.
Quote by Dayman
It's your duty, son. You some kinda commie, not servin' yer country?
I'm telling FOX News.

Quote by Twist of fate
Haters Ghana Hate
I got my MIA Strat in near perfect condition for about a third of the original price off of eBay. It was awesome.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
I'm wondering why they go so cheap? Like starting bid €1 (always goes alot up tho)
Yes, if the guy had over a 98% feedback and sold more than like 2 things. You'll probably need to set it up yourself though. They usually come set up pretty ****.
Quote by Anonymoos
I'm wondering why they go so cheap? Like starting bid €1 (always goes alot up tho)

If it starts off cheap, more people will bid, which means more people will be competing, which will mean that the price will go up more and more.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
watch out for any chinese made ones...

If it's not plastered with "genuine US erectricity guitar craft with care in factory in Beijing" then it's probably legit. Just exercise caution. If it's too good to be true... it probably is. E.g. 1959 Gibson Les Paul for £0.99 - it's not going to be a 1959 Les Paul.
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
I bought an accordion off Ebay at the last moment with positive feedback and all seemed well. It turned out to be fairly broken.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by isabiggles
I bought an accordion off Ebay at the last moment with positive feedback and all seemed well. It turned out to be fairly broken.

You got any refund?
When I bought my guitar, I went to pick it up myself so I was able to check it out and make sure it was what he was advertising. I also checked the serial number and made sure it wasn't a copy.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
Quote by Anonymoos
You got any refund?

Nah I just fixed it up myself with a friend. I gave him shocking feedback though.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
I got my Jackson DK2M from ebay. It was from a music store in Oklahoma, it shipped pretty fast, everything was as the guy said.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Quote by Anonymoos
So you aren't bothered that you can't play it before you buy it?

Well, I played one at a shop beforehand to see if I liked the general feel of it. Which I did, but the shop had it listed at around $700 and I found it for $400 from a seller on ebay.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
If you are a little bit careful about what you buy, you can usually make a profit.

Over the last few years, I have had a succession of £300ish guitars that I have sold on a few months later, and I've probably made £200 doing so. In a little while, they'll have paid for themselves.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
You just have to know how to avoid scams.
Quote by bemiswins
if someone flames you on the internet for music you like, they fail.

Here's my YouTube if anyone wants to see some of my videos.
I've successfully bought 4 off ebay, with the money you've saved you can always get it set up professionally. Just make sure there lots of good quality photos so you can see what kind of condition its in, especially the neck.