I was at GC yesterday and i saw an Ampeg Vh140c for 750$?? Isn't that a bit high for those amps?
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
That is very high. I saw one with a 4x12 with V30's for only 500.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Honestly I have seen them go for $150 to $750... The issue is most don't know what they actually have in there hands.. The amps are getting rarer and rarer everyday.

You have to think of it like this.. Wife's husband dies and she knows nothing about guitars and sells Vintage Gibson Guitar for $150 bucks. But yet the neighbor is also selling a vintage Gibson for $3000. Would you go to him and say hey the lady right next door just sold the same guitar for $150 you have to as well. Stuff like this happens on a daily basis..

GC went off of there true pricing so to speak and everyone else doesnt know what the hell they have and there letting them go dirt cheap.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jul 22, 2009,
Yeah, I have a Randall Tube atm but i use my vox ad15vt for practice. Would that head be better for me if i got it for say 350$? I think i found one
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
I'd try it out. The Ampeg VH140c is supposed to be a high gain player's wet dream...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by kylendm
Yeah, I have a Randall Tube atm but i use my vox ad15vt for practice. Would that head be better for me if i got it for say 350$? I think i found one

I would... Its a great amp and amazingly versatile. It can go from super brootal to Jazz Chorus cleans to blues in seconds.. It honestly does everything quite well and well worth the money...
Do you like dying fetus? If so then yes BUY IT NAO!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Is dying fetus a bad thing lol..

I really don't know!
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
No, Dying Fetus are good.

That amp or related models are used by Eyehategod, Dying Fetus, Suffocation, early Cannibal Corpse, Pig Destroyer, Assuck... basically, it's god like if you want 90s underground metal tones.

Compared to it's market value, that's pretty expensive for one. But, it's just as good as any tube amp at high gain, and no one would baw over spending $750 on a tube amp. I'd keep looking, unless it's your dream amp. If it is your dream amp, you may wanna just suck it up and get it.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Well I wouldn't say it's as good as ANY tube amp at high gain. It's as good or better than anything in that price range that's for sure. And the cleans are amazing on it.

It is ultra saturated and very very chunky, so for that kind of unrefined 90's death metal tone or super heavy Sludge type stuff (Crowbar etc.) then it's perfect. But if you want a very clear very articulate amp for stuff like tech death then something like an ENGL would suit you better.

But you can't find any 500 dollar engl's now can you?

I played a VH-140C before I picked up my XXX, i loved how heavy it was and the great cleans but the lead tone I got from it just wasn't for me, and it wasn't as tight and crunchy as the specific XXX i picked up. But a VH-140C is a great great amp, I'm tempted to pick one up someday and use it in stereo with my XXX. I think it's thick low end would mix well with the high end tight crunch of the XXX.

EDIT: Didn't see he had one of those randalls. I wouldn't replace that with a VH-140C but If you do like it I would pick it up and see how you like them together in stereo.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Last edited by Necrophagist777 at Jul 22, 2009,
Yeah, Dying fetus is pretty sick.

I still haven't seen any on my craigslist yet (The ampeg, not the dying fetus . Waiting. But ****, I would at least go and play it for a half hour .. i really want to try one of these out.
Stab, CC actually played Crate GX130c. A close relative/clone of the Ampeg, though with a little less bass and mids. Which the Ampeg has a ****ton of. Anyways, TC I wouldn't get it at that price. I'm sure you could find better. Though it is an epic amp. And seems to be a bit of the rage on UG, I see alot of topics that have questions about them lately. Maybe someday Ampeg will re-issue them ?
Im replacing the Vox lol. The rm100 will never leave me <3 I found it for 350$ too so i might go try it, its only 10 mins away from me.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Last edited by kylendm at Jul 22, 2009,
Quote by kylendm
Im replacing the Vox lol. The rm100 will never leave me <3 I found it for 350$ too so i might go try it, its only 10 mins away from me.

350 is a good deal man, go check it out.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra