Dont know if this is the right forum for this..

And it's probably a retarded question but,

Just now I was playing in drop B which is (B F# B E G# C#? Correct me if I'm wrong ) And just for a laugh I turned the low B to a G.. well at least I think it's a G, it's pretty hard to tell the tuner goes all over the place when it goes that low.

But it doesn't actually sound that bad.. sounds strange, but in tune.

So the question is.. is this actually some kind of weird tuning, so it would be (G F# B E G# C#)?
"If I told you that, I'd have to kill you."
"Why is it like.. top secret?"
"No."

Last.fm
C# Standard with a dropped G
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by Baraga
I think that the lowest tuning you can get without ruining the sound is drop A, correct me if im wrong

depends on the scale ie - 24.25, 25.5, 26.5, 27...

also on string gauge and your set up...
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Quote by Baraga
I think that the lowest tuning you can get without ruining the sound is drop A, correct me if im wrong

7 string detuned 2 full steps? 8 string in standard?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
7 string detuned 2 full steps? 8 string in standard?

this...
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Quote by Baraga

You are wrong...............

If you use this, you can play in F# easily:

But yes on a standard range guitar, Drop A is getting down there. I use large gauge strings in Drop B or C standard, If I wanted to play in B or lower I would probably just get an ERG.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
I don't think it's a G, it's either a G# to go with the other G#(G# F# B E G# C#) or and F#, to go octave with the F# on the second string (F# F# B E G# C#).
A G would sound out of tune with a G#.
I also believe Dime used this sort of tuning on The Underground in America, and Sandblasted Skin.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Quote by Necrophagist777
You are wrong...............

If you use this, you can play in F# easily:

But yes on a standard range guitar, Drop A is getting down there. I use large gauge strings in Drop B or C standard, If I wanted to play in B or lower I would probably just get an ERG.

That looks amazing, what brand of guitar?
"If I told you that, I'd have to kill you."
"Why is it like.. top secret?"
"No."

Last.fm
Quote by Thrace
That looks amazing, what brand of guitar?

looks like a Sherman, but i could be wrong.
Quote by konfyouzd
looks like a Sherman, but i could be wrong.

Yepperz

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Necrophagist777
Yepperz

nice... i was gonna say either that or a Ran custom judging by the end of the fretboard.