should i put more money into a head or a cab. and could i run a tube head through a solid state cab.. vice versa
There is no solid state or tube cabs, they are just speakers.
As for how much to put into the head and cab, it depends on how much money you have to spend all together.
Quote by ptftball24
through a solid state cab.. vice versa

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
more money into the head, as you can change the speakers in the cab. i dont see the point in spending like 600 for some speakers in a box
your cab is just speakers.....nothing fancy

put more money into a head
/thread
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
Put more in a head so you'll get a decent one. Then, get a decent cab. For around 500$ you should get a pretty good one
Quote by munkyRobb
more money into the head, as you can change the speakers in the cab. i dont see the point in spending like 600 for some speakers in a box

Maybe because cheap cabs sound terrible? How is it that people can underrate the cab so much? Your sound comes out of that box with speakers.

If you buy a high end audio amplifier for listening to music, do you buy cheap speaker cabinets with it? Hell no, it's a waste of a good amplifer, and it's no different with guitar amps.
Last edited by al112987 at Jul 22, 2009,
Quote by fretsofthebeast
your cab is just speakers.....nothing fancy

put more money into a head
/thread

Well of course you would put more money into the head.........because they are more expensive. But I would definitely invest in a cabinet with really good speakers, and the right construction for what genre you play (Closed back for metal etc.).

For example my XXX sounds godly through my Avatar Cab but I played it through a Carvin and it sounded TERRIBLE and extremely fizzy. Get a good head but don't overlook the cabinet.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
can you be more specific, like what amp, what kinds of music, and budget?
What is your budget?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
put more money into the head but be carefull not to spend too much on the head as you wouldn't want something like a triple rectifier being played through an mg cab
I've had personal experiance with a bad cab and good amp. It will drive you insane and drive you to the point that you actually want to sell everything. So please spend a good amount of cash on a good solid cab that matchs the head you purchase.

Id much rather have a decent head on a great cab then a great head on a sh!tty cab. Theres no point in buying a expensive head if your just gonna get sh!tty tone because of the cab you choose.
Instead of spendind way more on a pimp ass head, buy a decent one so u still have enough mooney for a decent cab
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
Not the answer you're looking for, but I wouldn't consider one to be more important than the other.

I've heard really great high-end boutique amps through low quality cabs (with good speakers) and it totally ruins the sound.

Don't think of cabs as just "a box with speakers," because cab design/construction is critical.

So until you've got enough money to spend on both, comfortably, I'd say keep saving. You'll be wasting MORE money by putting a lower quality cab through a higher quality amp or vice versa.