So I just tried running my GT8 and DSL100 using the four cable method, and it's making everything sounding as thin and crappy as hell, as well as this big hum.
Does anyone know what's wrong?
Or, could anyone help me work my way through this step by step?

I know I have the cables right, I looked up old threads on here about that, but nothing goes so far as to explaining what the set up needs to be on the multiFX itself (in this case, a gt8). People said it's been sounding great and transparent, but mine's sounding pretty ****; thin and digital.
I have everything off on the gt8, only the LOOP button is on, set to normal on its settings.
Quote by page.slash
So I just tried running my GT8 and DSL100 using the four cable method, and it's making everything sounding as thin and crappy as hell, as well as this big hum.
Does anyone know what's wrong?
Or, could anyone help me work my way through this step by step?

I know I have the cables right, I looked up old threads on here about that, but nothing goes so far as to explaining what the set up needs to be on the multiFX itself (in this case, a gt8). People said it's been sounding great and transparent, but mine's sounding pretty ****; thin and digital.
I have everything off on the gt8, only the LOOP button is on, set to normal on its settings.

I found the problem!

i've found that multifx in general have a poor digital sounding quality to them. i've been trying to sell my zoom g2 for a few months.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Isn't the DSL 100 the one with the parallel effects loop? It works a bit differently than the typical series effects loop... not entirely sure how, though.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I'm trying to use the multiFX for... effects.
The DSL sounds ice-picky / harsh treble even with presence at 2 and treble at 3, I was hoping to fix that with the EQ in the gt8. Also the odd chorus, NS, etc.
I had a Boss GT 10 once, worst mistake I've made in regards to gear purchases.

They sound disgraceful (in my opinion), thin and fizzy with a constant cocked wah sound on every god damn patch!

Sell the GT 8, you won't regret it.