Hi UG,

Im looking into getting a new amp head, and I want one with at least two independent channels. I play mostly metal/ metalcore, hard rock etc so I want a good lead channel but I'm also looking for a good clean channel too. My budget is £900-1000. I was looking at the Peavey as it had two channels but the Carvin has three. I looked at a Bugera 6262 which are like half the price but aren't very reliable. So any suggestions? Opinions?

Many Thanks
Carvin.
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
Quote by GuitarHeroUK
I want a good lead channel but I'm also looking for a good clean channel too.

Carvin's - all of then - are notorious for having some of the best cleans around. I'm gonna have to say Carvin on this one.
As the Carvin's are good for cleans like you said, are they also good for leads/ overdrive? Thanks for the replies
Quote by GuitarHeroUK
As the Carvin's are good for cleans like you said, are they also good for leads/ overdrive? Thanks for the replies

Yes. The V3, as you may have figured out on your own, practically bleeds metal tones. They've had a used combo one at my local GC for a while, and I've thought about buying it just for the hell of it.

Make sure you EQ it right, though. Everyone else I see play them makes them sound like shit, but they're great when used well.
I've never played a Trilogy, but I'm inclined to imagine it sounds quite a bit better than either of the others, as well as sounding very different.

It also costs almost twice as much, so...
i love the V3! and i own a 6505+
they are both really good amps.
i guess in a way you can get a 3 channel thing with the 6505, since theres clean, and then crunch on that channel for rock. and then the lead channel for the hi-gain stuff. i love it, i just wish there was onboard reverb, but i love it
i played a v3 once too, ****ing awesum, but im still satisfied
Quote by tukk04

almost forgot...
thats for you TS/n00b

Quote by timeconsumer09
No, just disregard all the posts in this thread that say that the tone is noticeably worse when it's dying...

i should have read the thread
Just so you know, the new Bugeras seem to be problem-free so far, aside from the bad tubes.
The old ones had a bad transformer clip that they've fixed now.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
^BigRob's Bugera just broke down. Brand new model, too.

Did he specify what actually was wrong with it? Was it a bad tube? Or something serious?
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
I don't remember. PM him.

Having never played a V3, and loving the 6505 I played, go with the 6505
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Both are great amps but i would have to say carvin
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Thanks for your opinions guys As for the Bugera it is really good for the price (under £500) but from all the reviews i have read they all said it broke down. Tbh I wouldn't want that in the middle of the gig i would rather have summin reliable like a carvin or a peavey.