as some of u know, i live in lebanon and its impossible to find any good tube amps here
however, today, i did manage to find a blackheart handsome devil tube amp 15W, but its 200$ more than wat it sells for on musicians friend
so a few questions arise

1) will this amp be able to pull off some br00t4lZ or will i need a boost?
2) is it worth it to pay 200$ more than its worth??
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
??
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
To be honest i tried it against my tiny terror and it has almost no gain at all unless cranked, it only goes to decent crunch.
To me personally it was not good at all and sounded more lik 5 watts cause the tiny terror was much louder even on the 7 watt setting.
Last edited by jags482 at Jul 22, 2009,
would it give high gain with a tubescreamer?? or a bad monkey or a good boost?
and also dude, can u plz use punctuation cod that was hard to read
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
sorry about the punctuation. And i am not sure to be honest because i didn't try it with a pedal and i do not use pedals much. If you could go and play it, it would be best since tone is objective. Another amp in that price range to consider is the blackstar ht-5 because that has a very nice tone and is cheaper once to factor in the cab. It also is about the same loudness because blackheart definetly overrated the power on the handsome devil.
ya i know
but like i said, in lebanon i cant find a single tube amp in my price range
the only other ones are randall and the cheapest they have is 1000$
if i had to boost it with a pedal i have no problems, and i could always mic it at gigs

and, i read somewhere that the tubes in it are crappy and that u need to change em to get a better tone, is that true?
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
bump
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah