Page 1 of 5
...so you won't embarrass your self.
Seriously, there are a couple of things that beginners or even the experienced do that make you chuckle a bit.
Anything is okay, list them.

Here are some:

1. play "Smoke on the Water" or "Burn"
2. repeat the same lick over and over again
3. play the major scale on the key of C

Keep listing.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Its still hair, you know.
Songs to not play:

"Crazy Train" beginning riff
Stairway to Heaven
Sweet Child o' Mine

Effin posers...they're good songs though.
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
or iron man

or smells like teen spirit

or enter sandman

or seven nation army
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
Last edited by B4Dkarma at Jul 22, 2009,
Quote by radomu
...so you won't embarrass your self.
Seriously, there are a couple of things that beginners or even the experienced do that make you chuckle a bit.
Anything is okay, list them.

Here are some:

1. play "Smoke on the Water" or "Burn"
2. repeat the same lick over and over again

Keep listing.

What are you talking about? That's what I do every time I go to a guitar shop and I never get weird looks
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by TheJem
Songs to not play:

"Crazy Train" beginning riff
Stairway to Heaven
Sweet Child o' Mine

Effin posers...they're good songs though.

a guy ticked all of them, i was watching cause i was listening to the amp, he then turned and smiled thinking i was watching cause of his skills
Buying something before you check what the Sale dates are. I bought my wah 3 days before a 30% off sale.
Improvise on the Blues scale for 25 minutes...you may think you sound good...but it gets old after the first 2 minutes.
"I'm reaching up and reaching out,
I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me.
And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been."

or stairway to heaven

or incredibly generic blues

or hey there delilah (i actually saw a guy get the acoustic taken off him when he started playin it in the guitar store in town)

or take the guiatr lead out of the guitar before turning off the amp...i did that in my first month of guitar and i got told to leave
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Last edited by guitar-guy01 at Jul 22, 2009,
When you're at a music store, it's vitally important to not use the searchbar before you post a new thread.
You should never pretend to be retarded, have your friend go up and ask to use a guitar, and make the guy that works there demo it. Then acting retarded throw a fit to play and then school his ass! They tend to kick you out.
We all started at the bottom. Unless you were Hendrix. It is a fact that he popped out of his mom with a guitar in his hands. I've seen the video!
Asking what the fuction of a guitar is would certainly be a bit odd.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by Tempoe
Buy anything with an INSANE channel.

true indeed!! *nagates plans of buying uber metal pedal*
Mah gear :p

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
BC rich NJ neck thru series warlock
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

"Remember your a WOMBLE!!!"
Quote by Morrie2995
dude you just became my hero. Nice
Quote by Ibanezskater20
You should never pretend to be retarded, have your friend go up and ask to use a guitar, and make the guy that works there demo it. Then acting retarded throw a fit to play and then school his ass! They tend to kick you out.

i tend to act retarded when young clerks help out, i see if they lie or give out false information on guitars and if they do it 3 times i shoo them away lol
don't sit down with a $4500 Taylor custom acoustic when you're an idiot with a huge belt buckle, and then stand up and gash the back of the guitar and walk away like nothing happened (yes, i saw this happen.)
Don't have the amps turned up all the way and then you switch it on and it makes loud feedback throughout the store and you turn it off immediately...
Quote by phlip999
Buying something before you check what the Sale dates are. I bought my wah 3 days before a 30% off sale.

you should have returned it and bought it again.
Sent from my iPad.
Well, one thing would be going in without prior knowledge. Unless you get a guy who knows what he's talking about, you're gonna end up with something crap probably.
- Don't play the song if you can't play it. How many times have I seen people play the riff of Walk This Way and totally screw it up?
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Take a big poo in a bass drum.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by radomu

Do this, but stop at the leading note. It pisses people off to no end.
What you SHOULD do is play what you want and disregard the advice of strangers on an Internet forum.
I heard you should NEVER buy a Boss pedal on retail because the quality never really dies.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Ask for assistance
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist
Do not under any circumstances play deathcore. I saw a scenester walk into a Guitar Center, fringe haircut and everything. I was demoing a drumset when i saw him walk in. I later decided to go demo guitars, and then wished I hadn't when I heard DERK-DERK-DERK-SCREEE! DUN-DUN-DUNDUNDUN-DUN-DUN-WEEEOOOWOOO! Coming from the direction of August Burns Red boy-girl person.

AND NEVER PLAY DRAGONFORCE.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Quote by pitobodies
Do not under any circumstances play deathcore. I saw a scenester walk into a Guitar Center, fringe haircut and everything. I was demoing a drumset when i saw him walk in. I later decided to go demo guitars, and then wished I hadn't when I heard DERK-DERK-DERK-SCREEE! DUN-DUN-DUNDUNDUN-DUN-DUN-WEEEOOOWOOO! Coming from the direction of August Burns Red boy-girl person.

So you're saying that, even if the kid is buying a guitar to play Deathcore, he can't try it on the guitar he's playing?
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Quote by pitobodies

So don't play deathcor if your a scenester...

And i'm pretty sure that if you were to play dragonforce you'd either be
A) Playing it so badly that that rule could go for all shred.
B) Playing it note for note, so you'd playing the guitar well.
The lives of thousands in my hands
I’ve come to take back what’s rightfully mine and now you’re damned
The lights grow dark in their homes
But our road is lit by fire from the sky
So we push forward

Last.fm
Last edited by ride-the-spiral at Jul 22, 2009,
Quote by J Vendetta
Your mom.

^^

Play excessively loud, especially when you suck.

Do NOT play-

Slither
Back In Black
Walk This Way
Dream On
Quote by bemiswins
if someone flames you on the internet for music you like, they fail.

Here's my YouTube if anyone wants to see some of my videos.
Say, "I can play Through The Fire And Flames on expert difficulty on Guitar Hero"
Signatures Are Stupid
Quote by ride-the-spiral
So don't play deathcor if your a scenester...

And i'm pretty sure that if you were to play dragonforce you'd either be
A) Playing it so badly that that rule could go for all shred.
B) Playing it note for note, so you'd playing the guitar well.

play dragonforce if you're trying out studio effects, not the guitars.
the game
Plug a speaker cable into an amp. My friend did this at the local music store and they threw him out.
GEAR

Fender Telecaster Standard
Ibanez GAX75
Takamine Jasmine
Page 1 of 5