so i've been getting into sweep the last couple of months, been going well really got my speed up so the actual sweeping it fine its the muting the strings as i sweep them. just sounds awful when i sweep because i have all these open strings ringing. shall i go back to practicing really slowly again?

thanks
Quote by shredda2084
so i've been getting into sweep the last couple of months, been going well really got my speed up so the actual sweeping it fine its the muting the strings as i sweep them. just sounds awful when i sweep because i have all these open strings ringing. shall i go back to practicing really slowly again?

thanks

this means your sweeping isnt fine, yes, i would recommend you go back to a moderate tempo and work on getting each note to ring clearly and seperatley.
you're probably not hittng the notes as accurately as you think. it took me a couple of months to get comfortable w/ the technique. it took me a year to get it clean. the muting thing should just kind of naturally happen since as you go downward your hand will naturally cover the strings you've already hit. at least that's the way it works for me.
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.