My band and I are performing our first show on the weekend and I was wondering if there are any ways to reduce feedback from my amp. I have a Line 6 75W Spider III amp and whenever I turn it up past half volume I get large amounts of feedback while trying to sustain a note. Any suggestions?
The........

What More Is There To Say..
use the feedback to your advantage?
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
thats what happens when you gig with a line 6 spider 3

sorry but it's the truth
Quote by JayLacelle
thats what happens when you gig with a line 6 spider 3

sorry but it's the truth

you fail so hard.

Any tube amp will do the same thing.

Fact of life.

Noise supressor is my best suggestion.
Quote by Silenced7
you fail so hard.

Fact of life.

You sir fail as well, a Line 6 Spider III 75W amp is NOT tube .
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Quote by Metalcoresoul
You sir fail as well, a Line 6 Spider III 75W amp is NOT tube .

I never once said it was....i don't know how you got that out of what I posted. At all.

All I was saying is that any amp will do that, SS or tube, not just because its a spider 3.

FFS.
I have a Spider III 75W and I have gigged with it before at full volume. I don't get crazy amounts of feedback at all if I'm using my Strat. It has some active EMG SV's though, which might be helping keep feedback down. If I use my SG (with stock pickups), i get feedback like crazy, so it might be your pickups.

I'd suggest trying some active pickups and seeing if that helps your problem.

(I'm not sure if its just my pickups, or if all active pickups do this)
Quote by Silenced7
I never once said it was....i don't know how you got that out of what I posted. At all.

All I was saying is that any amp will do that, SS or tube, not just because its a spider 3.

FFS.

The way your post was laid out seemed like you were implying that the Spider III is a tube amp. Just a misunderstanding
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Quote by Metalcoresoul
The way your post was laid out seemed like you were implying that the Spider III is a tube amp. Just a misunderstanding

No it really didn't. You misunderstood.

It made perfect sense to me and you looked like the idiot when you posted that its not tube.

EDIT: There are tube Spider III's btw.
So many replies and yet no one has asked:

What kind of feedback?

Is it a sudden, harsh squealing noise or does it fade in, almost like a sustained note?

If it comes in suddenly past a certain volume, regardless of where you're standing, it's probably 'microphonic feedback' and I'll guarantee the problem lies with your pickups.
Quote by kyle62
So many replies and yet no one has asked:

What kind of feedback?

Is it a sudden, harsh squealing noise or does it fade in, almost like a sustained note?

If it comes in suddenly past a certain volume, regardless of where you're standing, it's probably 'microphonic feedback' and I'll guarantee the problem lies with your pickups.

good call actually didnt even think of that, even though i had that problem a few months ago haha
Quote by Silenced7
you fail so hard.

Fact of life.

my amp doesn't.