Hello, I was just wondering if there are any metal bands who's guitarists use finger picking? I understand that playing rythm in a metal band with fingers would be hard, very hard, but what about lead? Are there any lead metal guitarists that use fingers?
I'm pretty sure Zakk Wylde throws in some fingerpicking/chicken pickin' **** in his solos.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
I'm pretty sure Zakk Wylde throws in some fingerpicking/chicken pickin' **** in his solos.

ya if your doin southern metal a bit of chicken picking would prob sound alright. uhm hybrid picking in clean passages as well.
Opeth.
"... and on either side of the river was the tree of life, with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of this tree were for the healing of nations.
Ive Hybrid Picked parts of "Stabwound" By Necrophagist, although it's easier to just play it regularly. Ive also made a few riffs that are Hyrbid Pickable, but you could still play them with normal picking.

I wouldn't go plain out Fingerpicking, But Hybrid Picking, So you still have a pick on you.
um... technically buckethead is avant garde metal, and we all know how much he chicken picks.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Hetfield finger-picks his slow solos. Hallowed Be Thy Name's intro is finger-picked, etc.

In my world, the color RED doesn't exist.

The system has encountered a fatal error [1809]: 'YourOpinion' var has no set value.
Just the other day I tried to fingerpick a bunch of metal songs. It works, and it sounds cool.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
i hybrid pick alot, especially with octaves and stuff.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
One of the guitarists from Mastodon hybrid picks in his songs.
Guitar: Jackson JS30KV
PSN id : craig_241
Steam
Feel free to add me!
^Brent Hinds he hybrid picks and finger picks an assmortment of things and the acoustic guitars in Metallica's songs are like 95% of the time finger picked (Fade to Black is the best example) and I tend to hybrid pick most string skipping things <.< not bragging or anything
Remember, this too will pass.

"My greatest fear in all the world was to be misunderstood"-Great Expectations
Windir.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
If you get a basic

G-------5----7---8-----3----5----
C----00--00--0---000--00--00-

ish riff, you can do it pretty easily with fingerpicking, and it sounds really good, nice and smooth but still heavy.
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.