Whats a nice pickup for a telecaster's bridge position?

I play Blues, Punk, Classic rock, no METAL!
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's

Seagull 25th anniversary Mahogany Edition

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Honestly, the pickup that comes standard would probably work just fine, if not though, try one of the vintage noisless ones I guess.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Fender Standard Customized Fat Strat
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
Yeah, im deciding between this or a strat

Hard decision..
Gear:

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Either would work, if your more on the classic rock/blues side then I would go with the strat, if your more on the classic rock-punky/indie type rock, then I would go with the Tele. But both would be just fine for what you play. Honestly, for what you play, the type of the guitar, strat or tele, is gonna be much more important then the pickup. If you really want a tele, and really want a new pickup, like I said before, go with one of the vintage noisless ones.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
What kind of money are you planning to spend? There are many more (and better) options outside of lace sensor/fender pups.
i want a fender though. im a big fan of john mayer. and anyways, i only have 500.
Gear:

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

I guess if you only have 500 and really want a tele you could try to find this combo, I assume you mean US dollars.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Ash-Standard-Tele?sku=517885

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Vintage-Noiseless-Tele-Pickup-Set?sku=301635

it is a little more then 500, so you will have to fork over a little more, but if you can, it should work great.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
Quote by GreenDay0013
i want a fender though. im a big fan of john mayer. and anyways, i only have 500.

First of all, are you asking for tele pup recommendations or whether to get a strat or tele? If you want more of a mayer tone, get a strat. If you want a keith richards, jimmy page, muddy waters tone, get a tele.

Second of all, a standard mim tele will cost $300 used. That's $200 for new pups, there are some fabulous ones in that price range. The fender pickups are mediocre, unless you want to get nocasters or custom shops.

I'll also agree with the new amp, but you'll hear differences between pickups through any amp
Quote by pak1351
First of all, are you asking for tele pup recommendations or whether to get a strat or tele? If you want more of a mayer tone, get a strat. If you want a keith richards, jimmy page, muddy waters tone, get a tele.

Second of all, a standard mim tele will cost $300 used. That's $200 for new pups, there are some fabulous ones in that price range. The fender pickups are mediocre, unless you want to get nocasters or custom shops.

I'll also agree with the new amp, but you'll hear differences between pickups through any amp

The fender noiseless pickups are great pickups, so I wouldn't go as far as saying there mediocre. I agree, if you want more of a blues/rock tone, go with the strat, then get a set of the noiseless pickups, they cost about 150 for the whole set of 3 pickups, and you got yourself a blues-rock machine.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
The original bridge pickup should work fine. If you are going to change the pickups I recommend routing for a middle pickup then putting a strat pickup there. Then you have to install a five way switch. That will help expand its sound.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
i suggest you buy a used $300 blues jr
and a $250 used mexican strat or tele.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011