What is the difference between all the floyd rose tremolos i keep seeing? i see special, i see licenced, i see low profile, and they all look the same.. difference?
Originals are made by Floyde Rose the company

All the licenced ones are just copies of the original, made with different material or with minor difference
Quote by chikinskratch
What is the difference between all the floyd rose tremolos i keep seeing? i see special, i see licenced, i see low profile, and they all look the same.. difference?

Liscenced Floyd Roses are generally made by guitar companies instead of Floyd Rose. They just have permission from Floyd to use the double-locking patent. As a generalization, most aren't as good as the Original made by Floyd. Low profile Floyds have the fine tuners sunk down lower for easier picking as they don't get in your way as easily. 'Special' is just an extra word added in by companies just trying to make you think that your liscenced Floyd is better than others, however.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)
Quote by chikinskratch
what about the special floyd roses? i heard they suck... but why?

That's because they're liscenced.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

There are some quality liscensed Floyd Rose copies though, Gotoh, Schaller are supposed to be really good tremolos.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Some Ibanez trems are good LFR's too. the original Edge, the edge pro, the ZR, (people can add on to this list if they want)
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
Some Ibanez trems are good LFR's too. the original Edge, the edge pro, the ZR, (people can add on to this list if they want)

That about sums it up
I like the ZR, I've heard good about the original Edge and Edge Pro, but I'd really like to know why they keep slapping Edge III's on guitars and why people keep buying them and keeping them on...
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

It´s a price thing, and they are not all that bad if you know what you´re doing.