any thoughts or experiences with them?
and i know using guitar amps with basses screws the amp up but these would still work due to it being the speaker part that messes up correct?
GEAR
Fender American Jazz Standard Bass
EHX Russian Big Muff
Boss SYB-5 synth
Peavy Max 700 Bass Amp w/ Peavy Pro 410 Bass Cab
Ampeg BA-115T

Quote by loudog93
divide by zero records

destroys the phonebook
i would guess it would work :/
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
I am confused... do you want to plug a bass guitar into one of these? Dunno how that would work. As far as quality goes I really didn't like it that much. Would be better off buying a cheap POD or something if you want a guitar/bass -> headphone amp.
You could always get a Behringer Bass V-amp unit to mess with.. There dirt cheap used and effective..

As for the Vox units it wont blow up but it more thing likely will not sound good. Its tuned/voiced for guitars not bass's....
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jul 22, 2009,
Check out the Pandora PX4D. It's for guitar and bass. Also has drum/bass rhythm patterns to jam with. Much more versatile than the amPlus. Best price is $110 at abesofmaine.com.
I have the VOX headphone amp and I use it for bass. I also have a TASCAM trainer and a BP80 to use as headphone amps but I prefer the VOX because I don't need a ton of batteries and its very compact. No wires, just need a set of headphones and it gets PLENTY loud... I've had it for several months (I have no idea when I got it, but maybe 10-12 months ago?) and its still going strong. =] Also, get a 1/8 to 1/8 (or some adapters!) to hook up to MP3/computer/ whatever which is awesome.

BTW. I have the Classic Rock model. I don't know if it matters or not though.