This is my first cover so WOO!
Let me know what you think!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ0mSVMX6Fw
"I want a drink"

"You always want something. In Tibet, if they want something...they give something away"

"Do they? That must be why they are such a dominant global power"

Brought to you by Graham Linehan and Dylan Moran
pretty good.
your picking looks funny to me for some reason.
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
Aye everyone says that to me!
I dunno i just hold it weird XD
"I want a drink"

"You always want something. In Tibet, if they want something...they give something away"

it was good yea but it was a good song anyway.
I've got all this ringing in my ears but nothing on my fingers---
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD
It was pretty decent, but your technique is quite off. Both left and right hand. You should definitely look into it. It was also a bit too staccato if you ask me. Keep practicing though! I know you are gonna be able to REALLY nail it.
how do you mean "my technique"?
"I want a drink"

try alternate picking those arpeggios, and timing is a tad off on those sections as well. But apart from that good job.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Its good. I think you hold the plectrum too far from the tip, try holding it closer to the point- there is more control that way (like when you hold a pencil nearer the tip, as opposed to the unsharpened end!).

You have very long fingers, but dont let that distract you from your left hand technique. Your thumb is too far round the neck- it should be at the back, not over the top! Thats why you have to keep moving your hand around to hit different notes- they should all be reachable from the one position.

Oh and just a question, are you left handed? Not that it makes a difference, just interested.

Dont think that I didnt think the cover was great, I liked it alot, I just thought I'd try to explain what I think people are saying about your technique.
Quote by BoxerLadABC
how do you mean "my technique"?

Could you please explain to me, when I provide you with constructive criticism, which is what we are all here for, instead of lying and kissing your ass, why you feel the need to clearly insult me on my own video? I am helping you here yet you blatantly insult me? Please do explain. I seem to not get the point. I honestly don't mind if you don't like it, but this seems purely like some kind of revenge on me just because I didn't kiss your ass.
chainsawguitar- I know about the thumb being over the top. i have big hands XD
No, I am right handed. Why?
"I want a drink"

Well i provided you with criticism.
Lets call it de-constuctive criticism.
I thought you were bad at singing.
I didnt insult, I critisized you.

EDIT: Btw i thought you were very good at guitar!
"I want a drink"

Last edited by BoxerLadABC at Jul 23, 2009,
You sing like ****.

If this is not an insult, then please tell me what is. You know, I seriously don't mind if you dont like my singing, but this is not criticism, this is a pure insult. Anyway, I'll just leave this topic, I don't want to hijack it.
Quote by BoxerLadABC
chainsawguitar- I know about the thumb being over the top. i have big hands XD
No, I am right handed. Why?

Just because I see alot of left handed guitarist holding the pick like that, its not important.

Anyway, hand size doesnt make a difference, your technique needs to be the same no matter what size your hands are. My hands are tiny for a guy, but I can still play the same as a guy with huge hands- sometimes better- because my technique is good.
I still dont understand what you mean by "technique" because i was taught to do what feels comfortable to you?
"I want a drink"

Its not smooth, like its really staccato. Also, I'm not sure if it was your amp, your camera or whatever, but your palm muting sounded kinda bad. If it was just your amp or camera, disregard this.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Its my guitar!
The strings are terrible!
I can do it better on my SG but its broke
"I want a drink"

You use too many down strokes on the intro. Learn to alternate pick. And it doesn't matter what guitar you play, I change from a Les Paul to a Strat all the time and I still play the same.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Last edited by Tokai09 at Aug 19, 2009,