I want a Peavey Vypyr and was thinking of getting the 75 watt version as i thought 30 would be to low (i play very loud) as i have a fender champion 300 atm which is 30 watts and crackles at high volume (could just be the speaker is **** though?) please help me decide
The Vypyr 30 can get pretty loud imo, at home I never put it over 2
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
Quote by pak1351
try them. You know how loud you want it to be much better than any of us

there are no stores that have them in stock around me what so ever
Unless you jam with a drummer or gig, a 30 watt Vypyr should be enough.
They are very easy to find a try out though. Wait until closing time and politely ask the shop-trader to crank it for you.
I turned my 30-watt Vypyr up to 13 the other night, with both gain channels cranked, to test it out, and it was fine. I think your current amp has **** speakers. The 30-watt should be more than enough. You can try for the 75 if you want though. Won't hurt, really.
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect." - George Carlin
The 30W Vypyr should be enough if you are looking for a cheap modelling amp.
Though it rattles on high volumes which will mess up your sound quite much, most of all the cleans.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
The 30W Vypyr should be enough if you are looking for a cheap modelling amp.
Though it rattles on high volumes which will mess up your sound quite much, most of all the cleans.

does the 75 rattle at high volumes?
there should be no reason why it would "rattle" at high volumes. some solid state amps tend to fizz and hiss at loud volumes, but nothing should be rattling.