Hello, everyone.
I am looking at buying a acoustic guitar, and I recently came across the Ovation Celebrity CC44 Acoustic-Electric Guitar.

I absolutely love the look of it, but I need to know about how it sounds, and how it feels to play it.

I would go to a guitar shop and play it, but I would have to drive for 2 hours to get there.

But, could someone please let me know how it plays, sounds, and feels.

Thanks.
i found the neck to be narrow for me and also the radius just didn't do it for me. i also find that the cheaper ovations don't deliver sound-wise, although the higher end ones do, but then everyone has their own taste. personally i don't recommend this guitar, but who knows? you might feel differently.
I agree with penguin, it doesnt sound good unplugged, so if you are going to get it, invest in a nice acoustic amp along with it. And the roundback needs time to get used to. their 13(?) hole design is pretty cool though :p
1) CC44 Celebrity is a Mid Bowl, not Super Shallow. So it shouldn't sound tinny.
2) Ovations are not heavy.
3) Ovations do sound different than a wooden acoustics.
4) Thr roundback does take getting used to.
5) The necks are similar to electrics, low action and easy yo play, but can be narrow for fingerpicking
6) The lyracord backs make them more stable in different temps and humidities.
7) Plug it in... thats where they really shine.

Last... take the time, go there and play it and as many others as you can. You will know the guitar you want when you play it.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
My 3 are light in my hands and weigh nothing like my Strat. Now my Elite-T is slightly heavier than my cousins Martin 000-28 EC model, but not by much.

Yes, shorter scale does equal less string tension. My Mustang (short scale) is much easier to play than the others due to that fact. But I will admit, Ovations Factory setups are higher than they need to be. Once lowered its like playing my one of my electrics.

Like its been said, its all about personal feel. He really needs to get to a shop and play them. Nothing beats "hands on"!
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77